Just a few questions on elbow drop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a few questions on elbow drop.

Hi. I've read a lot of threads on elbow drop and I still have a few questions. Well the main one really is how it's done correctly? Watching professionals, they seem to drive their grip hand really far forward. Is this what creates the drop?

This is how I do it - on occasion.

Hard to describe.

Raise the cue at the back slightly instead of being parallel level to the table from the off and instead of doing a my usual pendulum swing when in the balls with just the forearm moving - when dropping the elbow all my arm moves in one motion as I drive through the ball in one motion - I try being level as I go thro the white in one motion forarm and elbow together dipping as I get level through the ball.

The key for me to this is raising the butt slightly at at the back that way the elbow natuarlly drops to get level as you dip to cue level through the ball.

Others may be different - but on the odd occasion I do this type of shot - usually at distance or needing power and accuracy that is how I do it
    Last edited by Byrom; 19 January 2014, 11:29 PM.

Comment

I believe that the elbow drop is highly overrated imho. Just concentrate on keeping the pressure on your chin and chest the same during backswing and delivery and everything else will take care of itself. Although calling it pressure might be a bit misleading.

Comment

Working...
      X