Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practise routines for match play

Hi all

Can anyone recommend practice routines that are more applicable to match play?? I practise the line up often and blacks routine. Can make 60+ on the t line up with reds between blue and black and two reds either side of the pink without much problem, but struggle in a match to make 20. Was seeing if there were any routines I can practise that are more applicable in a match, because the problem with line up is that the situation where reds are laid out with colors available in all pockets is not often the case..

Thanks

You could try something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...LC6QDT8c#t=285
    Last edited by streamer45; 4 February 2014, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Hi jono

You could try the spread where you have all reds in the open and colours on their spots and its a bit more realistic. When u get moreconfident then u can try 10 reds in the open and 5 in a bunch to make it harder. You can make it harder and harder as you go along but this is fine for you just now.

Cheers Chris small

Www.chrissmallsnookercoaching. co.uk
      www.ChrisSmallSnookerCoaching.co.uk

Comment

Originally Posted by chrissmall147 View Post
        Hi jono

You could try the spread where you have all reds in the open and colours on their spots and its a bit more realistic. When u get moreconfident then u can try 10 reds in the open and 5 in a bunch to make it harder. You can make it harder and harder as you go along but this is fine for you just now.

Cheers Chris small

Www.chrissmallsnookercoaching. co.uk
        This is what I've been doing. Spread the reds but make sure that the black can pot into the black pockets and the pink can pot into all pockets.
        I've found it's much better for me to improve my positional play rather then doing the line up. It also feels more realistic.

Comment

Thanks Chris will give the routine a good go. Hope it helps my match mentality too..

Comment

Working...
          X