moving elbow help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving elbow help

i was practicing today and my friend pointed out that my elbow is moving up and down a great deal as i am feathering the white to a degree where most people would be finishing up after playing the shot which in term it is moving as i am playing the shot where if i try and play a deep screw 2/10 times im chipping the cue ball, also my elbow drop is so severe i have dints on the cue where i have hit the table as i have played the shot, ive been watching the pros and there elbow is solid through the feathering and only drops a few inches after delivery ive always been a pretty good potter but i dont feel carrying on with this technique will help my game in the long run my cue will also eventually be too damaged to play with , is there anyone know how i can help lock my elbow in place as to stop this habit?
    IF YOU HAVE A SHOT ON TAKE IT, NEVER MESS WITH CHANCE AND BE TOO SAFE CAUSE ONE DAY IT WILL BITE YOU IN THE ASS

sounds like your gripping the cue to hard. a good idea would be to stick a video up. that way it would be clear and you'll get a lot of response.
    i'd also look into getting some coaching

Comment

Just like j6uk has said you should post a video then we can give you some feed back. But 1 thing you should try is to grip the cue with your forefinger dominating so you can easily loosen up the back fingers, because that up and down movement of the elbow is usually caused by not loosening the grip on the backswing....

Comment

thanks guys that really helped loosening the grip hasn't cured completely but played much better today loosening it a bit gonna give it a few more days of tinkering before i have to decide if i need to post a video clip or not
        IF YOU HAVE A SHOT ON TAKE IT, NEVER MESS WITH CHANCE AND BE TOO SAFE CAUSE ONE DAY IT WILL BITE YOU IN THE ASS

Comment

Good to see progress. Practice practice practice, is the key. And make sure you use a slow back-swing. This will keep you aware of whether you are making a mistake or not. Watch most of the pros you will notice this

Comment

Working...
          X