Question about Judd Trumps Cue Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Judd Trumps Cue Action

Hey people. Hope you all doing well.. Just a quick question guys, how many stroke types does Judd Trump have? Cause on certain clips he doesn't drop his elbow at all and at times he does. And during his massive screw backs what stroke does he use for the stick to remain so high in the air??

i see judd's action as being light, wristy, and the same on most shots

Comment

Yes in that clip most shots were ordinary. Check the clip I just uploaded especially shots after 1:15. He plays shots where the stick remains high in the air. What stroke exactly is that?? How does he do it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYpdclGXWA0

Comment

He's just mucking around CJ, but playing with tremendous amounts of side, and screw,these are just exhibition shots at the end of frames which he has already won, very entertaining and great to watch for the crowd.
        That's a nice vid, J6, not seen that one before.
        Last edited by itsnoteasy; 11 February 2014, 02:45 PM.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Yes itsnoteasy i get that part man. Thing is I wanna learn that type of stroke. Is it that he snaps his wrist forward or just drops his elbow severely?? I have noticed when ever he does massive spins his cue goes skyward. what are the mechanics in this?

Comment

I noticed an exercise I used to practice at 11 - very useful this one.

go to the end of this video wow wow woW WOW

How excited is he

Comment

He's just mucking around putting his cue in the air it's nothing to do with the shot, the tip is only in contact with the cue ball for a split second, so all the rest is just showing off(in the right way if you get me) it's where he hits the white and the pace of the shot and accelerating through the white that makes it possible to play shots like this, oh and the table and the cloth and the conditions.

Comment

Oh I get it now. Though a loose wrist needs too much co-ordination and that will be an issue What stroke do you prefer locked or loose wrist?

Comment

Oh I can't give you advice like that, that's for folk who know what they are talking about, all I can say is relaxed, I try not to have tension anywhere in my cueing arm, but that's just my opinion, there are proper coaches and top players on here that may help you with wrist and grip info.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your input.. Really appreciate.

Comment

my advise would be, learn how to play a bit like judd fist. there's nothing worst seeing a lad trowing his cue into shots with loads of side and then missing a black off the spot.
                      if someone starts that with me, i'll have them picking balls out for the rest of the session.

Comment

Lol good point you gat there lol.. 1 thing I have noticed is its like Judd locks his wrist after massive spin shots. Any thoughts over this

Comment

go 15mins in to the end of frame one, and as he plays the brown you'll clearly see the details of his 'so called' grip hand. of course this is all timed with hitting the ball with the elbow and holding the cue with the eye of the hand.
                          Last edited by j6uk; 11 February 2014, 09:00 PM.

Comment

He is cueing beautifully there, absolutely no effort ,clean through the ball, I can feel that shot through his cue from here lol.
                            Started watching the rest of the video, at 23 mins Ronnie is using the rest playing a safety, is his ferrule very stubby, I'm sure it looks a lot smaller than the one on my cue, or is it just the camera angle.
                            Last edited by itsnoteasy; 11 February 2014, 09:54 PM.

Comment

He makes the follow through look so classic and sweet. Nice playing style to watch. It's like the cue ball even thanks him after!

Comment

Working...
                              X