Back hand to high .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back hand to high .

A former Pro who plays in my Team noticed where i am going wrong .

I am digging down on the cue ball , so my back hand is quite high . I don't do it on every shot but on quite a few .

Is there an easy way / technique that can be used to make be play more level . I.E Drop the back hand .

Thanks
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Hey there. Sounds to me like you walking into the shot wrongly.. Just make sure the chest follows the cue and not the other way around. And try to bend from your hips and not you back. Watch any of the pros to get the idea.

Comment

neil:

If you can bend the left leg more than you do now and then bring the chest to the cue rather than lifting the cue into the chest. As was said you should also keep the back as flat as possible.

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Apologies for the grammar...........TOO high

Comment

you might try open the back of the hand a little more on the back swing, so as to keep the cue levelish to the table

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            Apologies for the grammar...........TOO high
            Nothing wrong with you're grammer it's you're spelling =p
            Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
              Nothing wrong with you're grammer it's you're spelling =p
              English lesson required for all those who had a UK comprehensive education

You're = contraction of you are

Your/s = (determiner) of belonging to you or associated with you

They're = contraction of they are

Their/s = of belonging to or associated with others

There = in, at, or to that place, point, case or respect.

There's = contraction of there is

Lesson over for today, though I'm sure your course work will see you through.
              Last edited by vmax4steve; 13 February 2014, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                English lesson required for all those who had a UK comprehensive education

You're = contraction of you are

Your/s = (determiner) of belonging to you or associated with you

They're = contraction of they are

Their/s = of belonging to or associated with others

There = in, at, or to that place, point, case or respect.

There's = contraction of there is

Lesson over for today, though I'm sure your course work will see you through.
                Your sure that's correct Vmax?

Neil: So technically speaking you're() stunning the ball more than you should as you're digging down more?
                Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

A former Pro who plays in my Team noticed where i am going wrong .

I am digging down on the cue ball , so my back hand is quite high . I don't do it on every shot but on quite a few .

Is there an easy way / technique that can be used to make be play more level . I.E Drop the back hand .

Thanks
                  Why didn't he tell you how to fix this,he's a former pro,! Tight git lol.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Neil: So technically speaking you're() stunning the ball more than you should as you're digging down more?
                    I'm not sure you're correct there Southpaw
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

That's right . It was late when we were talking about it . Going to give Terry's advice a go .

Comment

be aware that when you drop a hip or bend a knee especially your support knee, it may take you off line slightly..
                        who's the ex pro who pointed out your so called problem neil?

That's right . It was late when we were talking about it . Going to give Terry's advice a go .

Comment

"Are you sure that's correct vmax" ? would be the question you are asking there.

"You're sure that's correct vmax" would be a statement from you that I am indeed correct, not a question.

No such thing in english grammar as "Your sure that's correct" ?

Indeed "You sure that's correct" ? could be considered as a contraction of "Are you sure that's correct" ? from an american, maybe with a deep south accent with the addition of "boy" on the end.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                            "Are you sure that's correct vmax" ? would be the question you are asking there.

"You're sure that's correct vmax" would be a statement from you that I am indeed correct, not a question.

No such thing in english grammar as "Your sure that's correct" ?

Indeed "You sure that's correct" ? could be considered as a contraction of "Are you sure that's correct" ? from an american, maybe with a deep south accent with the addition of "boy" on the end.
                            addition of "boy" in the end.

"I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

For a pro to point out a fault without some correction advice is bad form dear chap!

Comment

Working...
                              X