"I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
      Ah if I could only get this right..
      What exactly is that Sidd??

Comment

Originally Posted by CJ Kumz213 View Post
        What exactly is that Sidd??
        A display of my inner agony for being stupid enough not to understand something as simple as the grip and having made that a hard matter of technique for myself...

Comment

A display of my inner agony for being stupid enough not to understand something as simple as the grip and having made that a hard matter of technique for myself...
          Sidd lol I have been changing grips all my life and yet up to now I don't even know which grip suites me yet. We seem to be in the same shoes on that so don't feel alone lol

Comment

Sidd lol I have been changing grips all my life and yet up to now I don't even know which grip suites me yet. We seem to be in the same shoes on that so don't feel alone lol
            This is pretty relieving I still am trying to recall how I held it when I did my 67 in a match as well as a few 50 odds

Comment

This is pretty relieving I still am trying to recall how I held it when I did my 67 in a match as well as a few 50 odds
              I have a strong feeling it has got to do with the mind also cause when you 'in the zone' you would even know what grip is been used and still play very well you know.. Sometimes I just think we over-think about hence start tensing up on the shots... Mind over matter hahaha

Comment

Originally Posted by dave121260 View Post
                Great little clip of Shaun there perfect view of the grip. Nice find
                Yes great clip may sound stupid but I always think Shaun Murphy !!! when I set up for a shot its a sort of Mantra ! another great cue action is Stephen Lee (He may or may not have been fiddling the books ) but he has one hell of a cue action.

Comment

I have a strong feeling it has got to do with the mind also cause when you 'in the zone' you would even know what grip is been used and still play very well you know.. Sometimes I just think we over-think about hence start tensing up on the shots... Mind over matter hahaha
                  Agreed.

I even know this for sure even then I am a victim of it.
                  Havent you observed this thing? when in the zone and doing the business- after that frame if you try to recall your grip you cant remember how you were holding it its because you were not thinking about it at all

Comment

J6 wow great footage. And that's one player I dream of playing like one day.. Seems to me like he grips the cue with his thumb and middle finger. Also seems he used the 'del drive' type of stroke. What are your thoughts over that??
                    Yes I agree with you I have always rated Shaun as the one player I would love to play like (Sorry Ronnie) his pace round the table, great cue action, and his smart well turned out appearance make him a good example to all. and he always appears to be a real nice guy.

Comment

Agreed.

Havent you observed this thing? when in the zone and doing the business- after that frame if you try to recall your grip you cant remember how you were holding it its because you were not thinking about it at all
                      Being in the zone is a real strange thing I have gone to play not feeling that great, maybe a cold or some family problem and wow ! I have played some of my best snooker ! other times I have felt on top form and said bring it on ! , and cant wait to get on the table and played like a complete berk, the mind is a strange thing.

Comment

Agreed.

lol so very true. Very good thought I too have never remembered which grip I use in the zone.. But I'm now planning on trying to pay attention on the grip only when standing then forget it completely when down to shoot

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
                          Yes I agree with you I have always rated Shaun as the one player I would love to play like (Sorry Ronnie) his pace round the table, great cue action, and his smart well turned out appearance make him a good example to all. and he always appears to be a real nice guy.
                          Yah very cool and always calm around the table. I'm still working his type of stroke though, and I still can't get the hung of it especially on screw backs.. Have you tried this 'del drive' before??

Comment

Yes great clip may sound stupid but I always think Shaun Murphy !!! when I set up for a shot its a sort of Mantra ! another great cue action is Stephen Lee (He may or may not have been fiddling the books ) but he has one hell of a cue action.
                            Stephen Lee is another Smooth cueist. Watch this clip especially at 1:10

Comment

Was lucky enough to see Stephen Lee live at our club last year, he has a fantastic cue action up close, smooth as silk, so still on the shot, I was only ten foot or so from the table around the pink spot level,lt was a real treat.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Being in the zone is a real strange thing I have gone to play not feeling that great, maybe a cold or some family problem and wow ! I have played some of my best snooker ! other times I have felt on top form and said bring it on ! , and cant wait to get on the table and played like a complete berk, the mind is a strange thing.
                                Correctly stated Denja. I sometimes go to play on weekends so I get up and take a nice shower and shave and then dress up properly make the mood and go and play bad ... at times I just get on my easy jogging trousers and dont shave and just go and play great... this is a crazy game ... this ... this .. game of ours

Comment

Working...
                                X