No announcement yet.

Hitting chest with grip hand makes cue to point off-line after the shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the exact same problem on long pots just last week so I got a lesson from Chris Small this week to see if he could help me out. Chris watched me play numerous long shots from all angles and told me the following... Just after impact my hand hits my chest because my back arm is not vertical, It appears as though my cue is "Too Short", so I have ordered a new cue but in the meantime what has helped with the aid of Chris was to move my bridge hand closer to the white ball... I have a tendency to bend my left arm to much and be too far away from the cue ball which in effect makes the cue appear shorter at the backend if that makes sense. It feels a little odd at first but mark my words... It will help if you move your bridge hand closer to the white.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
      Good point !!!
      Many players doing that ( also pro's ) . especially with scrwback shots (in case the distance between CB and OB is too short ) to prevent the tip of the cue hits the CB for the 2e time . Foul ( as u mantioned ).
      WHY hasn't Ramon been unbanned? He was banned with JVC for naughties and JVC did his 3mths. They'd had previous friction but it was generally between them and didn't affect anyone else. So I'm wondering why Ramon is still banned when JVC is rightly back on TSF. He's extremely knowledgeable about snooker, a very good player and has owned every cue imaginable, including laminated shafts.

Da General, can you please unban him? It must be over 6mths now. He was a very good contributor with a unique perspective on snooker and life. He added a dimension to TSF. Regards, Splasher.

@scotsman: How long is your bridge to ball (get someone to measure it on the sofa if you haven't already)? I too have found that shorter cueing combined with a shorter BtB has helped long ball accuracy, break-building and Cb control. Interesting that Chris got you to do this but it will pull your upper body into the correct alignment.
      Last edited by Big Splash!; 5 September 2016, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by RunningSide View Post
        Maybe I have some kind of fundamental problem with cueing or stance, however at this point I feel that my cue goes pretty straight back and forth before my hand hits the chest. Anyone else with same issue? Is this a common flaw caused by common mistake maybe in lining body and stance to the shot? Please help me!
        You could consider allowing your elbow to drop on power shots.

You'll notice that the players tipped with having very good cue actions (Ronnie, Lee, Murphy etc.) will drop their elbow on power shots and I feel this is a lot more natural than the cue smashing into your chest.

Comment

Working...
        X