Over thinking it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    4. Start the delivery slow and build up acceleration BUT DO NOT TIGHTEN THE GRIP AT ALL.
    How do you manage to do that. I've got no control over that. Obviously as your arm is stationary then it has to accelerate to deliver the cue but I've got no idea how I deliberately start of slow and build up acceleration.

Comment

Don't saw your thumb off with the feathers,

pull the cue back slow and straight,

deliver the cue with the necessary pace to execute the shot.

Comment

cyberheater:

If you use a length of backswing which is proportional to the power required then as long as you don't tighten the grip at the start of the delivery you will automatically start out slower and build up.

Think about it...if you are able to not tighten the grip at all then you have to start out slowly to prevent the grip hand from sliding up the cue.

It's those players using shorter backswings who have to accelerate abruptly on shots at medium pace and above and in order to accomplish this they have to tighten the grip early.

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
          And how did you do that then Geordie - pray tell - because at the moment -

As they say in Newcastle I used to be a canny player and now I can nay play.

Just drink seven pints of snakebite before a match
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Working...
          X