X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any ideas on some technique drills only

hi im looking to split my practice time into sections,
    the first hour or so I would like to practice solo on my technique,
    at the moment im doing the white over the spots when ive done that 10 times in a row,
    I move on to the blue on its spot and the white on the brown spot and get a double hit when the blue comes off the back cushion,
    then move on to 10 straight blues from baulk to all for pockets,
    the after I move on to things im not great at like rest play bridging over balls playing balls on cushions,
    then onto break building and positional play etc,

are there any other drills that really focus on technique?
    I understand its nice to pot balls and work on positional play its fun,
    but the most important thing is technique and I feel if I really work hard on that the other things should fall in to place,
    any advice would be great!!!
    thanks,

blue ball on spot, white in line with centre pockets, halfway between blue and a centre pocket - roll blue in centre pocket and follow through so white is halfway between blue spot and opposite pocket and repeat, backwards and forwards as many times as you can

once you go off line you're done, it's a bit like flappy bird - ten is a good score, twenty is very good

Comment

51 clearance drill! All colours on their spots. A red beneath the black on the cushion, a red inbetween pink and black and a final red about 12 inches from either black corner pocket. With the cueball placed in the 'D' proceed to make the 51 clearance first shot is a long stun for the black. This drill includes most shots required during any match situation apart from safety plat of course. I do this when solo practising.
      Counting how many times you can complete this is obviously the next step. Once your competent at this you can make it more difficult by putting the 1st and 2nd reds on the side cushions about 12 inches above each corner pocket making all three reds cushion shots!!!
      Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
      https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

did anyone find the above practice drill useful???
        Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
        https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Working...
        X