Been cueing way off the chest :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been cueing way off the chest :(

Hey People. I just stumbled over what has been making my game a living hell. Seems my cue has always been far too low from my body (4inches below) hence crumpling my stroke. Seems I have been doing this unconsciously trying to make the cue level to the table. But after watching the pros closely most have the cue with the butt high at the waist. So I wanna try lifting my grip hand a little more towards my stomach don't know if that will help, any thoughts people of where the grip hand should be at address??
    Last edited by CJ Kumz213; 4 March 2014, 04:07 PM.

i feel for you dj, i too hate a crumpling stroke

Comment

if the cue is far too low from your body, i wonder how your stance and cue action is like... you could try grazing the cue with your chest. think the golden rule is chest to cue rather than cue to chest. i used to have a bit of gap too, but now i got down lower n lightly touch the cue with my chest. take note to see how ur elbow reacts because a natural reaction is for the elbow to jut out to accomodate the supposedly lower stance. to prevent your shot crumpling, keep that elbow up, make sure the shoulder does not rock around when you waggle.

Comment

Originally Posted by tomlimcj View Post
        if the cue is far too low from your body, i wonder how your stance and cue action is like... you could try grazing the cue with your chest. think the golden rule is chest to cue rather than cue to chest. i used to have a bit of gap too, but now i got down lower n lightly touch the cue with my chest. take note to see how ur elbow reacts because a natural reaction is for the elbow to jut out to accomodate the supposedly lower stance. to prevent your shot crumpling, keep that elbow up, make sure the shoulder does not rock around when you waggle.
        Thanks alot for that. The chest to cue seems to work far better than the other. And what are your thoughts on how far the right shoulder should be above the cue??

Comment

i simply raise the elbow until the cue /grip no longer grazes the table. i suppose you are not low enough on shots. you should feel uncomfortable when going down, sighting might be off, elbow all over the place, etc. so the elbow should be high enough such that your grip doesn't hit the table and still feels comfortable enough position, without having to stretch, twist or doing too much with your body.

Comment

Working...
          X