Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A good routine for mid to long potting practise I've found.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O8voW0HM6qs great video this one , try the exercise with the two reds only a mill or two apart , not easy. These are the only two videos that I know of by him.
    Is that the one with two reds on back cushion with a gap ether side. ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
      Do you have sum more of his videos
      The only other I know of is this:-

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
        The only other I know of is this:-

Yes a was trying this one last night dun it quite a good few times no bother but hard to find correct gap ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
          Is that the one with two reds on back cushion with a gap ether side. ?
          Aye that's the one, it's very hard when they are close together and a bit of a pain resetting them all the time, but worth it as it gets you dropping down online., there is another of him playing someone, but these are the only coaching ones I know of
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

So it only helps you get down on the right line of shot ? A dun it last night a found it easy but it's getting right gap ad say a was 3mm

Comment

That's pretty damn good Stevie,it's hard to do it at one mill, not just the shot, it's hard enough getting the middle ball of the three out without touching one of the others, and that's just setting the shot up lol, it also must show you are cueing straight, as it doesn't matter how well you drop down online, if you then cue across the white you won't hit the gap.
              Last edited by itsnoteasy; 16 March 2014, 08:31 PM.

Comment

That's pretty damn good Stevie,it's hard to do it at one mill, not just the shot, it's hard enough getting the middle ball of the three out without touching one of the others, and that's just setting the shot up lol, it also must show you are cueing straight, as it doesn't matter how well you drop down online, if you then cue across the white you won't hit the gap.
                Thanks mate but even though it shows a hit white ball good there must be a difference doing that to actually hitting the cue ball wen u go for a pot because even though a hit cue ball right it doesent hit correct point on object ball?

Comment

Are you hitting the point on the object ball you pick, but missing, or are you missing the point on the object ball your aimng for, the first one is aiming issues, the second is technical issues with cueing.

Comment

Are you hitting the point on the object ball you pick, but missing, or are you missing the point on the object ball your aimng for, the first one is aiming issues, the second is technical issues with cueing.
                    Now there is the a thing . A think by not hitting correct point of object ball

Comment

Shouldn't be larger Catch22 unless you bought the nine ball sized cue ball, you can get standard 2 1/16 snooker sized ball,could be heavier though as I was told they were tc weight and our club balls are premiers.

My ball is 2 1/6. The balls at the club are slightly smaller and lighter than my 2 1/6 ball . I would say about 1.5 - 2mm difference in night when side by side .

I've seen a couple of the more serious players bring their own set in with them .

I don't practice much with the spotted ball because the club cue balls play very different

Comment

That's quite a difference Catch22, does it make it easier to make breaks?

Comment

I'm not a good player so it wouldn't be a valid opinion if I were to say . All I can say is the spotted ball is easier to judge off the cushion and I find it reacts better ( for me ) . Down side is that on shots with power , I find it kicks a lot because the OB is smaller .

I find the club cue balls a bit harder to control . But like I say , my standard is pretty low anyway

Comment

Working...
                          X