Backswing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backswing problem

Hey people. I recently noticed something about my backswing, I seem to be changing my wrist angle on the backswing. Also don't know if the cue should just rest on the finger pads or if I should actually hold the cue with the fingers.. Help Help

This happened when I changed my cue around. Instead of thinking about your grip hand so much, think about it less. Focus on straight cueing. Post some videos so that we can make a better assessment.
    Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
    My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by CJ Kumz213 View Post
      Hey people. I recently noticed something about my backswing, I seem to be changing my wrist angle on the backswing. Also don't know if the cue should just rest on the finger pads or if I should actually hold the cue with the fingers.. Help Help
      Slow the backswing down. Best bet is to try cueing along the baulkline slowly using a longer backswing and your normal delivery but keep everything slow and watch the chevrons and try and keep the thumb pointed towards the floor all the time. Getting this right will keep the cue on-line all through the backswing and delivery.

The cue should just lay on the pads of the 4 fingers but some players will have the cue laying on the pad of just the forefinger, some the second finger, some the middle 2 fingers and some the back 3 fingers with all the rest of the fingers barely touching the butt. However, make a mental note that at the end of a long backswing you will be holding the cue with the upper inside of the forefinger and thumb and actually that is the grip most recommended by coaches.

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

wrap your hand around the cue, then holding the cue with the eye of the hand, hit the ball from the elbow..
        enjoy

Comment

He's lovely to watch when he's flowing. I love his cue action nothing involved in it at all except the forearm, ( sorry J6, elbow)nothing gets in it's way ,his grip is so nice and relaxed and opens brilliantly and he's so so still and relaxed, and the cue just does all the work,right through the white, pure class.
          Last edited by itsnoteasy; 12 April 2014, 08:46 PM.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            He's lovely to watch when he's flowing. I love his cue action nothing involved in it at all except the forearm, ( sorry J6, elbow)nothing gets in it's way ,his grip is so nice and relaxed and opens brilliantly and he's so so still and relaxed, and the cue just does all the work,right through the white, pure class.
            you don't need to please me or anyone else in your life, don't be scared to say what you wanna say.

Comment

Just mucking around . He is smooth as silk though wish I cued like that

Comment

Thanks Terry. It seems I have not been holding the

Comment

Originally Posted by CJ Kumz213 View Post
                  Thanks Terry. It seems I have not been holding the
                  I too have not been holding the

Comment

That's strange because I'm the opposite I'm holding the

Comment

That's strange because I'm the opposite I'm holding the
                      That's because you're a 50+ break builder. Us lesser mortals aren't good enough holding the

Comment

Could be your flicking your eyes away, and it's nothing to do with holding the

Comment

Could be your flicking your eyes away, and it's nothing to do with holding the
                          I'd say it has everything to do with holding the

at least that is what I tell the wife
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

When you get the wife involved in holding the, it's all about rhythm and technique, there is a big difference between holding the and gripping the, one is a pleasure the other can lead to a trip to a&e .

Comment

All these years I thought I was holding the

Turns out. Instead, I was holder the

Comment

Working...
                              X