Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching recommendation

Hi all,

I'm living in Switzerland and I'm looking forward to find a good coach to spend a few days with. My idea is to fly over to your country and work hard to improve my game . I'm not able to knock in 40 breaks (wich is my next goal) ... just to give you an idea what my playing level is I had once a coaching day with Alan Trigg and it was an amayzing experience. So I thought, why not give it another try?!

Can anybody recommend me a good coach (with modern coaching methods)? How about a facility like the snooker academy? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

PS: Sorry for my english

If you'd like to fly to Canada (Toronto) I have a full coaching facility here with video analysis and all the training aids and I'm a certified Master Coach (IBSF/EBSA/WPBSA) and a Senior Coach from Terry Griffiths Matchroom.

If you want to fly to the UK I'd recommend Nic Barrow who has a full coaching facility with all the modern aids and video analysis and he is based in Milton Keynes but he is very busy and a bit more expensive that either Alan or myself.

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

thx ... Canada is not really an option for a couple of days ... I'd rather spend a few months there, traveling this beautiful country (at least from what I heard).

Comment

How about a few days at the South West Snooker Academy in Gloucester, England.

The Academy can help you out with accommodation at a local Holiday Inn.

I know that Ronnie O Sullivan's one time coach Frank Adamson does some work from there as also does ex pro and crucible player, Lee Walker.

Both have coached my son, and come highly recommended and there rates are in my opinion reasonable-

PM me for contact numbers for Frank and Lee-

Comment

there's the Snooker Farm with Del : http://www.thesnookerfarm.com/

Originally Posted by butch75 View Post
          Hi all,

I'm living in Switzerland and I'm looking forward to find a good coach to spend a few days with. My idea is to fly over to your country and work hard to improve my game . I'm not able to knock in 40 breaks (wich is my next goal) ... just to give you an idea what my playing level is I had once a coaching day with Alan Trigg and it was an amayzing experience. So I thought, why not give it another try?!

Can anybody recommend me a good coach (with modern coaching methods)? How about a facility like the snooker academy? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

PS: Sorry for my english
          #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by nalimugmug View Post
            How about a few days at the South West Snooker Academy in Gloucester, England.

The Academy can help you out with accommodation at a local Holiday Inn.

I know that Ronnie O Sullivan's one time coach Frank Adamson does some work from there as also does ex pro and crucible player, Lee Walker.

Both have coached my son, and come highly recommended and there rates are in my opinion reasonable-

PM me for contact numbers for Frank and Lee-
            I emailed Lee Walker for coaching my son, never heard anything back from him.

Comment

You won't go far wrong going to see Nic Barrow..... He has a great training facility in Milton Keynes like Terry has already said.

I've been there a few times for coaching and I would highly recommend him!!
              Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
              Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Coaching

Originally Posted by DG GIBERT View Post
                I spoke to Lee this morning, hes available for coaching at the Academy-in fact hes coaching two Swiss guys next week.

Heres his mobile number-078158 18078

Comment

Originally Posted by DG GIBERT View Post
                  Hi again,

Just in from Lee- a copy of his mail

Hi Bob

Could you apologize to the guy on the forum for me I have no idea how I missed his email

Lee

Comment

Coaching recommendation

Hello. I've had players from europe before to see me and my rates are quite reasonable. I'm based in Northampton which is only an hour from London or Birmingham. There is a couple of nice hotels within walking distance of my club. check out www.121snookercoaching.com
                    coaching is not just for the pros
                    www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

Go to Del Hill. He's got on site accommodation for visitors with 3 tables to choose from. His website is www.thesnookerfarm.com. Mobile +44 7544147147. Trust me, the man is a GENIUS. You will not be disappointed.

Comment

i'm in a fantastic city not all that far from you. i don't have any cameras or gadgets to speak of but, i have tons of experience and loads of great info to pass on so, get in touch fella
                        Last edited by j6uk; 21 April 2014, 10:10 PM.

Comment

First of all I want to say thank you all for the recommendations ... didn't expect that many.

One of my snooker friends got some coaching from Del. I heard only good things about him and his coaching. But I don't know why, I want to try something else. Same thing for Nic Barrow ... saw a lot of youtube videos ... seems to be a very good coach with a consolidated knowledge.

The South West Snooker Academy in Gloucester is definitely an option to take in consideration. I will take a close look at it ;-)

What about the Star Snooker Academy in Sheffield?

Comment

Originally Posted by CoachGavin View Post
                            Hello. I've had players from europe before to see me and my rates are quite reasonable. I'm based in Northampton which is only an hour from London or Birmingham. There is a couple of nice hotels within walking distance of my club. check out www.121snookercoaching.com

thx ... I'll check your website

Comment

Hi butch75

My name is chris small and a qualified ibsf and the snooker gym master coach. Infact ive just won coach of the year from nic barrow and ibsf and im a former world no 12. I live in Edinburgh scotland and would be happy to take a look at you. Have a look at my website. Www.chrissmallsnookercoaching. co.uk

Thanks chris small
                              www.ChrisSmallSnookerCoaching.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X