Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight / Fitness Effects

Hello all,

i know snooker isnt the most physical of sports, but over the last year i have put on a fair bit of weight (mainly through more hours of work increasing meaning not as much exercise yet still eat drink the same maybe worse diet as less time to cook etc)

im just wondering if anyone has gone through similar and whether it affected your technique? im wondering if my cueing has changed due to increase in my weight

with myself i seem to be missing a few more pots and not being as clinical in the balls as im only getting regular 40 - 50 breaks when it used to be 60,70,80 breaks?

any ideas of what i could look at to tell difference?

ta

I may be wrong, but I think there's a direct relation between weight/fitness and concentration.

My weight fluctuated from 17st, down to 14st up to 15st then down to 13st 3lbs. When i was lighter I played better and this, IMHO was down to concentration as I wasnt shifting so much weight around and therefore reducing fatigue - especially after playing for 4-5 hours.

I'm now back to around 14st and my games gone a little off the boil again. I'm sure its all to do with concentration levels and the effects of fatigue.
    #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Poor diet will directly affect concentration . I play better on the days that i have eaten a clean diet

Comment

Could be tired because of doing more hours at work, or maybe work things on your mind, just some other things that could be affecting you, but I agree with what everyone else has said.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

oh yeh i appreciate the concentration side i know more hours bad diet will affect that... i mean also from a technical point? any experiences i.e notice your cue not going through as straight, also where you stop at your chest being bigger would that change the stopping point of follow through etc? i still think i cue the same but with it being myself not seeing it i wonder if it is the same?

Comment

If you change body shape it sounds reasonable that your cueing will change, bound to affect the gym lads as well, that's why I don't go why take the risk.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Its not just diet but you will notice the excess weight will at some point get in the way of correct cueing, i have been 12.5 and a very low bmi and played and felt great recently with having a newborn correct eating and fitness has gone out of the window and so has form although the last few weeks i have started to lose weight again and i'm already seeing an improvement in my game.

Comment

No question. Speaking personally being far affects concentration, stamina and desire to practice. Ie it makes you lazy.

It you look at the top of snooker over the last decade or so, it has been dominated by two players of the same age. One runs, looks fit and healthy and the other is not. Whilst youth can override lifestyle, as time goes on it cannot.

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
                  No question. Speaking personally being far affects concentration, stamina and desire to practice. Ie it makes you lazy.

It you look at the top of snooker over the last decade or so, it has been dominated by two players of the same age. One runs, looks fit and healthy and the other is not. Whilst youth can override lifestyle, as time goes on it cannot.
                  No question about it. Some great resources to learn more about nutrition:

Nutritionfacts.org (and Youtube)
                  Elliott Hulse on Youtube
                  Paul Chek (google him)
                  Josh Rubin on Youtube
                  Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                  My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Working...
                  X