What you see and what you get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

metju:

If you have side on the cueball but are still hitting the cushion between the 2 reds when you put 1/8" clearance or even the 1/4" clearance then for certain you are compensating in your sighting as the cueball will ALWAYS go off-line with any side applied at all.

You can certainly learn to play like this but every shot will be different for compensation as over the length the thrfow of the cueball will be different. The only way to get consistent is to learn how to deliver the cue straight.

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Bridge and bridge arm still in the air( second pic)
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by metju View Post
        1. OK, move bridge closer to CB
        2.&3. Yes I saw that, didn't know I was doing it before ...
        4-7. Yes I see a little bump ... too excited and want to get it done as soon as possible. But its hard to be slow&controled

Will try something ... and post and update.
        Thanks!
        hi metju,
        any chance seeing you in action potting balls?
        can you upload a video of you doing 15 reds between blue & black?

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
          If you have side on the cueball ...
          But why then, other than RH side on CB[because going through white slightly L to R], is CB returning to the right and not straight back?
          BTW.: on 12ft table I get better results, It is much better table there

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          Bridge and bridge arm still in the air( second pic)
          Yes, its awkward bridging on the cushion, ... will think more like: put elbow down whenever possible!

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
          any chance seeing you in action potting balls? can you upload a video of you doing 15 reds between blue & black?
          Hehe, 15 reds?! Will not see much of them go in ;-) Yes I'll try and get better videos also with some potting.
          But first I have to do some practice and try to change something ...

Comment

Hehe, 15 reds?! Will not see much of them go in ;-) Yes I'll try and get better videos also with some potting.
            But first I have to do some practice and try to change something ...
            you'll be fine, just get on the table and do your thing, what comes natural. you know technically this game is not that difficult so smile and enjoy yourself

Comment

As you are cueing L-R and getting right hand side on the cueball you have adjusted your aiming so you hit the centre mark but there is still right-hand side on the cueball and it will deflect off the cushion to the right.

But you have never said if you tried the shot where you place the rids on the top cushion with the 1/8" separation and were able to do that. My bet is you cannot do that with any consistency. You cannot improve at snooker until such time as you get rid of the L-R striking (or at least you cannot improve quickly).

Terry
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

As you are cueing L-R and getting right hand side on the cueball you have adjusted your aiming so you hit the centre mark but there is still right-hand side on the cueball and it will deflect off the cushion to the right...
                Yes, that's what I was saying ... just to make sure I understand correctly.

...place the reds on the top cushion with the 1/8" separation...
                No I didn't do that yet. That is really small margin for error, 3mm on each side, uff! I'll have to use Verniers caliper :-D
                I did try with approx. 1/4" - 3/8" and found it hard but doable

Give me a few days to absorb all of this, do some work on the table and than ask a friend to help me with video recording ...

Comment

underline what's relevant, soak it up, try not to over complicate things and we'll see you in a few days

Comment

Just out of curiosity Metju, are you a pool player converting to snooker?

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      Just out of curiosity Metju, are you a pool player converting to snooker?
                      Hehe, I can see why you'd think that ... yes, kind of. If I played anything I played pool, mostly 8 ball, but never practiced for real or competed, only for fun.
                      I've always wanted to play snooker(been following it for 10 years now), did try it a few times, but found it too difficult for occasional enjoyment, now I'd like to give it more time so I can play with friend once a week and maybe get to a level to make a break of 20-30 more often than not :-D

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                        underline what's relevant, soak it up, try not to over complicate things and we'll see you in a few days
                        This is the best I could do snooker and recording-wise (for now)

1. Spots up-down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt9mX_duMLo

I can hit this wider gap all the time
                        Snooker - Matej - 2-1 - Playing Spots - Max (Small).jpg
                        but this narrower one only maybe 1/2-3
                        Snooker - Matej - 2-1 - Playing Spots - Min (Small).jpg

2. Potting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORSgsSYZJrg

I did try 15 Reds between Black and Blue a few times(potted approx. 5) .. but I need someone to move camera with me ... Next time!

Comment

okay metju, i didn't get too much out of watching those videos. maybe next time you could setup a better angle thats off the table and try do the 15reds. thats all id be doing until i cleared it if i was you. i think you should put aside knocking the white up and down the spots for now and start banging in balls
                          Last edited by j6uk; 5 May 2014, 01:23 PM.

Comment

This is the best I could do snooker and recording-wise (for now)

1. Spots up-down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt9mX_duMLo

I can hit this wider gap all the time
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]16288[/ATTACH]
                            but this narrower one only maybe 1/2-3
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]16289[/ATTACH]

2. Potting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORSgsSYZJrg

I did try 15 Reds between Black and Blue a few times(potted approx. 5) .. but I need someone to move camera with me ... Next time!
                            The idea behind hitting between the two reds, isn't being able to hit between the two reds(bare with me) the object of the exercise is body alignment and dropping straight down onto the shot, so no feathering and sighting when down to make sure you are correct, it's drop down tip to cue ball play the stroke, and that's meant to tell you if you are straight on the shot as if you miss to your left, you are a bit off to your right and vice versa. So it's stand behind the shot , walk in, drop down ,tip to cue ball, play the shot, no sighting and feathering, then see how you get on. It's only a practice exercise I wouldn't get hung up about it's just one of many to try.
                            Should add don't have the chalk there to aim at , this is a getting online exercise , having an object to aim at can let you self correct once down.
                            Last edited by itsnoteasy; 5 May 2014, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X