Cue rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue rotation

Hi, I've seen the recent rotation thread and I rotate my wrist inwards to the left during/After contact of the object ball, does anyone have any advice on how to fix this and possibly pictures of the correct cue action to solve this, cheers

Originally Posted by JoshDyson147 View Post
    Hi, I've seen the recent rotation thread and I rotate my wrist inwards to the left during/After contact of the object ball, does anyone have any advice on how to fix this and possibly pictures of the correct cue action to solve this, cheers
    As long as its not bringing the cue off line its not a problem, I find when I feather, my cue turns, ive noticed its a result of me opening the back of my hand when im cueing, so the tips of my fingers are naturally turning the cue. I cant suss how to stop it without tightening my grip, which I don't want to do, but I find the cue doesn't move off line when im feathering.

You could try as an exercise pointing your thumb directly to the floor when cueing, and concentrate on keeping your thumb pointing directly to the floor when you play the pot, hopefully it will make you conscious of keeping your wrist still.

Comment

Ronnie's cue turns on delivery

Comment

it's better to get rid of it as it may cause incosistencies in your game.
        I have myself been fighting it and my game is way better when i dont do it ( it often creeps back unfortunately). What helps me is watching cue stick come back and during the delivery and no tension in my cue action ( maintaining a very loose grip with the thumb and index finger releasing on my final stroke). Just a thought, hope it can help you out somehow.

Comment

Working...
        X