Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confidence from not trusting the potting angles your seeing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Belloz22 View Post
    far off........ it may not come across I dont put graft in but I do, I just feel alot of my stagnation is due to issues with angles, and I no most of it is bad cueing through lack of confidence. My question is, from a learners level, how would you first learn to identify the angle or would you just tell a beginner to pot loads of balls and you will take in the angles? The reason I ask is surely if you are dependin on feedback for knowledge, the feedback has to be correct..... thus needin to know whether u missed thru cueing or picking the wrong angle
    no excuse! you don't have the time. there's loads of information if you care to look on cueing straight. please lad, anyone who got involved in the diry knows were your coming from..
    i think you've got a bit of talent from what i saw in your vid but, you aint got the time bro! you got 9-5, your tryin to catch a bird, plus your fiddling with cards, bmx, purn and god knows what else

Comment

Belloz until you find a way to deliver the cue in a straight line consistently ,trying to do anything else is pointless, just my opinion mind.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        Belloz until you find a way to deliver the cue in a straight line consistently ,trying to do anything else is pointless, just my opinion mind.
        This man is 100% correct.

Comment

as always thanks for the advice.......... and 99% of the time I agree it is bad cueing, but as ive said before, your may have the perfect cue action etc, but unless your down on the right line you will miss. How do you know your on the right line? Or is it a case you accept everytime you miss it is because you have not cue'd straight?
          You don't know until you strike the white ball. Then, stay down and see if the results are as you expect. If the results are different in any way (potting and/or getting position), then something is off. One way to get into the right line, is to get down into what you "think" is line of aim, and then WHILE YOU ARE DOWN, get someone to place a ghost ball behind the object ball and see if you were correct. If it looks wrong, it could be bad positioning of your dominant eye. If it looks right OR wrong, shoot the cue ball anyways because it might be a vision issue.

It could be that it looks wrong, but it's right, or it looks right, and it's wrong. Or it looks wrong, and it's wrong, and it looks right, and it's right. It's one of 4 possibilities. Do the above exercise for several dozen shots and look for patterns. Are you reading right cuts wrong? left cuts wrong? corners? sides? up nap? down nap? hand on cushion? hand on nap? back cuts?

Sometimes, your eyes will lie to you, so just shoot anyways. See if you can correct the vision or ghost ball problems by changing your mechanics and body/head position.
          Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
          My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
            sorry lad but your way off! you don't really have the want or time to get good at this game, you know what i'm saying right?! please don't get lost in this 'tsf' because there are thousands of players around the country who can pump in tons for fun and they didn't play this game just because they wanted to because they 'had too'! they had a passion for it! they don't have the time or inclination to get involved with a lot of this stuff here.. this game is about graft and time to do the graft. if you aint got the time then you won't improve, slapping your balls around a couple of times a week then bashing the keys, more times than you practice, is only gonna leave you in a state of delusion
            What you wrote is 100% true. Passion + time are prerequisites for becoming even remotely good at this game.

Comment

thanks for the replies everyone. I think wat I was trying to get at is how would you teach angles to some one learnin the game as a beginner. I do agree you will learn alot more from feedback by stayin down on shot. where ive gone wrong is I always was told by coaches I was cueing straight, so I always assumed I was picking wrong angles. thus the feedback ive been getting from the shots was incorrect as I was probably on right line but just wasnt cueing straight.

Comment

thanks for the replies everyone. I think wat I was trying to get at is how would you teach angles to some one learnin the game as a beginner..
                once you can pot balls naturally and move the white around the table, then you move on to studying the table and the relationships between the spots, pockets and side cushions.

Comment

Working...
                X