Modern cue action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern cue action

Did anyone see the piece Davis did during the WC final regarding what he called the 'modern' cue action? He said the back hand is about as high as an iPhone above the table rail and you dip into the shot on follow through.

Seeing as I have elbow drop I gave it a bash. Felt like the cue was really jacked up even though it is still pretty flat and I was surprised how much action I could get on the white.

Might persevere with it. My knuckle sometimes hits the rail on follow through. With this technique it finishes just above the rail.

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
    Did anyone see the piece Davis did during the WC final regarding what he called the 'modern' cue action? He said the back hand is about as high as an iPhone above the table rail and you dip into the shot on follow through.

Seeing as I have elbow drop I gave it a bash. Felt like the cue was really jacked up even though it is still pretty flat and I was surprised how much action I could get on the white.

Might persevere with it. My knuckle sometimes hits the rail on follow through. With this technique it finishes just above the rail.
    Isn't that similar to the 'Del drive' that Del Hill advocates?

Comment

it is the Del Drive!
      #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Ages ago I watched the Cazmac videos of when he went to see Dell Hill, and I always wondered what he meant when he said his cue should go from up to down, I take it this is what he was on about.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I suppose it makes sense that the cue must be slightly higher to start with as opposed to as level as you can get, so that you have room to drop the cue level on follow through.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            Ages ago I watched the Cazmac videos of when he went to see Dell Hill, and I always wondered what he meant when he said his cue should go from up to down, I take it this is what he was on about.
            is that the same lad who got turfed off here for some reason?

Comment

It was J6, he has a couple of hours on YouTube of when he was at Dells, a lot of it is a bit far away ,and not on camera but it's interesting none the less.

Comment

i sold him a cue. cazmac1 right? i kinda liked him, what happened? you got a link?

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                  i sold him a cue. cazmac1 right? i kinda liked him, what happened? you got a link?
                  I think he got ferret to do some work for him, then never paid up, something along those lines

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    I think he got ferret to do some work for him, then never paid up, something along those lines
                    well thats a no no

Comment

Yep that's the story I heard, Ferret did some work on his website.
                      I liked him too J6, always found his posts Interesting and he didn't seem a bad player either , he has a few videos of fifty odd breaks and the like on YouTube ,I will try to find the video.http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8yFhk4m_DZA
                      that's the first part ,just type in Dell Hill coaching into YouTube , Cazmac is called mr top break on there
                      Last edited by itsnoteasy; 15 May 2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

yeah you can't knock someone for cash, well unless adr sent you a box of dodgy tips. even then i'd pay, snooker taught me to be a standup fella

Comment

A bit stupid considering ferret runs or owns the site.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                            yeah you can't knock someone for cash, well unless adr sent you a box of dodgy tips. even then i'd pay, snooker taught me to be a standup fella
                            why would i send somebody dodgy tips?
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                              A bit stupid considering ferret runs or owns the site.
                              Aye your right there Cyber, it's like kicking the headmaster up the arse lol, there will be consequences.

Comment

Working...
                              X