practise progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• practise progress

So over the last few weeks I had some major changes to all from stance to the cue action.

Straight cue practise with a thick foam at measures of a CB.

This is a vid of the 3 sides. Front side and back.

I have nearly killed all the movement in the body. But on cue delivery I still do hit my chest hard with the cue arm.

What are your thoughts bout this?

Advise to mute the vids as my 2 boys are like hurricanes stage 5
    Attached Files

this is really great stuff, proper practice. i can see your going about things the right way to become the best player you can be..
    i do this cue action training through a matchbox quite often in the kitchen. how big is your tip and how big is the hole your cueing through?

Comment

I really like this approach and am struggling to think of a way to improve on what you have done. Keep going.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
        this is really great stuff, proper practice. i can see your going about things the right way to become the best player you can be..
        i do this cue action training through a matchbox quite often in the kitchen. how big is your tip and how big is the hole your cueing through?
        Yes it did really improve my cueing. To make a bit hard these are the dimensions.

Height and width as close to 52 mm.
        The hole is at a slight angle from front to back as you would be cueing on a table with the cushion.
        Front diameter is at about 17-18mm and the back at 15-16mm. This is the measurement half way down the shaft.

When I make the practise I try to use different strength and bridge length to ensure I get all the feeling in muscles.
        Also get an aiming point somewhere a bit away to ensure you are aiming at an OB and not just at the little hole pokeing in and out of the hole.
        1 delivery and then get up move left and right of the line and then get back.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cmbrstefan View Post
          Yes it did really improve my cueing..
          if your not doing it already i'd take your cueing practice to the baulk line on the table as well as what your doing at home, and watch that your cue is bang on straight following the line. work from small to max power, i call is s/m/L/XL

Comment

Surely these videos have got to be a wind up

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
              Surely these videos have got to be a wind up
              Why do you say that then, i see plenty of people cueing thro "objects" at the club trying to keep the cue straight, it does seem to be quite important

Comment

Is that Pat Nevin ? Leo .
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Cmbrstefan View Post
                  Yes it did really improve my cueing..
                  if your not doing it already i'd take your cueing practice to the baulk line on the table as well as what your doing at home, and watch that your cue is bang on straight following the line. work from small to max power, i call is s/m/L/XL
                  Also doing that. But it surely improved my game, and the long potting for sure.

When I get time at the club I will post a vid on the running spots. But that could take a week as am busy with work

Comment

i'd like to see you do 15reds between black and blue more so than running the spots, just to see what you can do

Comment

i'd like to see you do 15reds between black and blue more so than running the spots, just to see what you can do
                      J6 I would be happy to do that. But over the last 3-4 weeks I have changed the stance, the grip, the way of aiming, concentration, power control etc..etc..

So I am sure I will be no where to clearing all 15 reds. I just go used to what I am doing after all changes.

Temporary I am happy with the results of hitting on the OB where I want and that I am able to see the aiming as a striking point rather than an ghost ball way.

But anyway I will make a Vid as soon as I can.

Comment

Working...
                      X