Tight spin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tight spin

As I am screwing back with the cue ball, sometimes the spin applies immediately, but very often the reaction of the cue ball is somewhat slow.
    I mean what makes a difference? How do you get a reaction of the cue ball which is a tight spin and happens immediately when cue ball is contacting the object ball? Seems like I am losing at least half of the energy I put into the cue ball?
    My grip is light but firm. Even If I try different grips, the problem doesn´t go away. I have tried to hit lower to the white, but does not really help, maybe a bit. A slow backswing doesn´t seem to help. I even feel that i am accelerating well in the delivery.
    I just don´t understand where all the energy goes?

Are you following right through all the time? Deceleration can happen without feeling it. It could also be you are not hitting the white where you think you are, if the tip is rising a wee bit for what ever reason,on the follow through, you will not get the reaction you expect.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by karakiksi View Post
      As I am screwing back with the cue ball, sometimes the spin applies immediately, but very often the reaction of the cue ball is somewhat slow.
      Do you mean that sometimes the white hits the object ball and then stops for a split second before accelerating back towards you ?

Comment

is your table nap a little heavier?
        if slightly heavier, especially on cloths that have not been ironed for some time, the reaction happens immediately and the energy dissipates faster. otherwise, you could be rising on ur shot, or not enough follow thru, or cueball not enough speed to carry the backspin thru the delivery..

Comment

Thanks for the advice! I think I have resolved the problem. I started to use more of a wrist. At least it has helped me to drive through better. I guess my problem has been that for some reason there is deceleration in my delivery.

Comment

Working...
          X