Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long potting video

http://youtu.be/eIuQrA0ANX4
    Here's a link to a video of me trying to pot a few long reds.
    Any input and advice is very much appreciated. And please no holding back. Give it as you see it

you look like you could be a nice player. if you had more time i'd like to see you trying to clear 15 reds between black and blue

Comment

First things first, what are you doing with the white? On each shot the white travelled different lengths and different paces. If you are going to practice one shot make the outcome the same

Comment

long potting video

is straight long shots a particular bug-bear of yours? from the video it looks as though it is not
        as asked previously are are you trying anything specific with the cue ball or just concentrating on delivering the cue straight?
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
          you look like you could be a nice player. if you had more time i'd like to see you trying to clear 15 reds between black and blue
          Thanks j6, I'll try to put one up soon

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
            First things first, what are you doing with the white? On each shot the white travelled different lengths and different paces. If you are going to practice one shot make the outcome the same
            Point taken golferson thanks. I tried to follow through a bit thinking that might show up any inaccuracies the most

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              is straight long shots a particular bug-bear of yours? from the video it looks as though it is not
              as asked previously are are you trying anything specific with the cue ball or just concentrating on delivering the cue straight?
              to be honest, I'm more confident taking on shots like this than blacks on the spot for some reason. Just tried to follow through a bit to show up any inaccuracies

Comment

You look quite comfortable on the ball which is good and tbh if you can pot long balls like that then a half decent break with a few hours of practice won't be far away.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                  You look quite comfortable on the ball which is good and tbh if you can pot long balls like that then a half decent break with a few hours of practice won't be far away.
                  Thanks mate, For some reason I always break down when I'm amongst the balls and I cant figure out why

Comment

Hi mate! Looks good.

To be honest, the biggest thing that would help you with the limited amount of practice you do, would be shot choice in the balls. Picking the rights shots can see a massive improvement in one's game. Not shots that are any more complicated, just better choices.
                    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I'm not a great player but handy so others are definitely more qualified than me. A couple of things I noticed, one you seemed to cue across the cue ball a little on some which could make you inconsistent on delivery, two you don't really walk into the shot more step into.

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
                      Thanks mate, For some reason I always break down when I'm amongst the balls and I cant figure out why
                      It is probably due to lack of cue ball control, try practice routines with only a few balls so that you learn how you can move the white about the table. Also keep things simple positionally.

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                        Hi mate! Looks good.

To be honest, the biggest thing that would help you with the limited amount of practice you do, would be shot choice in the balls. Picking the rights shots can see a massive improvement in one's game. Not shots that are any more complicated, just better choices.
                        Thanks mate, I think shot choice is a weakness of mine

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                          I'm not a great player but handy so others are definitely more qualified than me. A couple of things I noticed, one you seemed to cue across the cue ball a little on some which could make you inconsistent on delivery, two you don't really walk into the shot more step into.

It is probably due to lack of cue ball control, try practice routines with only a few balls so that you learn how you can move the white about the table. Also keep things simple positionally.
                          I think you're right. It looks like I'm cueing across to the left a bit. Any tips in how to remedy this would be greatly appreciated. When I walk into the shot it feels like a bit like wobbling into the shot if you know what I mean. With only a little step I feel like I can keep my head much better on the line

Comment

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
                            Thanks mate, I think shot choice is a weakness of mine
                            often poor shot choice is because of poor cue ball control for your preferred position to keep the break going.
                            look at Fergal o'Brien's website for practice routines for cue ball control
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              often poor shot choice is because of poor cue ball control for your preferred position to keep the break going.
                              look at Fergal o'Brien's website for practice routines for cue ball control
                              Cue ball control is a real struggle for me, especially pace. I also have a tendency to tense up on screw shots and end up with more of a stun screw. Thanks for the tip mate, never been on his website before

Comment

Working...
                              X