Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    I know you were responding to golfer

I think he asked for my second opinion was because it started my first post with " My first..."

and how do I come across exactly?...

compared to how you "come across"?

again, you aint done the work and i can tell that by what you say on here.. its no big deal, it is what it is. you only know what you know.

Comment

Just bringing you back "on thread" it's a practice routine for a 20 break player we're talking about. That's 3 reds and 3 big colours. Go easy on the guy!

Comment

well everyone only knows what they know

good night
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
          ...anyone who can clear a full line up is a ton plus player easily
          I very much doubt that...even if you consider a ton player a person who has done it only once in his life. Not sure what Player of level Xyz is supposed to mean...somebody who scores break of Xyz points reasonably often, every once in a blue moon, or somebody who has a higest break of Xyz? For me personally it is the guy who gets it relatively often, but lots of people have different opinion on that one.

Comment

yeah alright, you know your stuff. like jims cue is 59
            well everyone only knows what they know

good night

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
              yeah alright, you know your stuff. like jims cue is 59
              good grief, you still holding onto that old one
              as mentioned at the time it was what I was told by someone else, and I changed my records to the figures that you gave with you as source, thanks for that

Comment

yeah if you've the done the line then a ton is just around the corner

Comment

thats fine, and we know most/all of what you say comes from someone else. i could pull you up all day with the so called stuff you know. you wanna get your nails done to have a dig at me for my rep on here.. don't make me laugh sugar, i know my stuff
                  good grief, you still holding onto that old one
                  as mentioned at the time it was what I was told by someone else, and I changed my records to the figures that you gave with you as source, thanks for that

Comment

don't call me sugar, sweetie
                    and I was not having a dig at you or your "rep on here", and was asking a question to expand my knowledge.
                    thanks anyway
                    Last edited by DeanH; 23 September 2014, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                      thats fine, and we know most/all of what you say comes from someone else. i could pull you up all day with the so called stuff you know. you wanna get your nails done to have a dig at me for my rep on here.. don't make me laugh sugar, i know my stuff
                      Why are you being such a pain ???

Comment

Who cares about reputation on the Internet?

Let's talk snooker, like what this forum is for.

I agree with the scattered reds. Practice cueing through the ball too.

Comment

its the only way forwards
                          Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Why are you being such a pain ???

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                            Can't see how you can say someone is a 50 breaker if they clear 21 balls on a line up, for me and imo anyone who can clear a full line up is a ton plus player easily
                            I've cleared the full line up many times but have never made a ton when playing against someone.
                            The trouble with the line up is that it can get ingrained into you and you get used to never having to bridge over balls or use the rest, always having an option of taking the straighter pot, copping out when you miss and starting again, no pressure.
                            The op is a once a week player looking to improve, but once a week just isn't enough no matter what practise routines are decided upon.

If you're serious about improving then you have to put the hours in.

Get the basics right, keep your eye on the object ball at the moment of the strike, head and body still on the stroke, and see if that leads to something.
                            If it does and you get the fever then put the hours in.
                            Last edited by vmax4steve; 23 September 2014, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Tried the 15 reds for the first time last night and boy it's hard. Get about 5 or 6 before breaking down. I think it's a brilliant exercise and VERY addictive!
                              Last edited by rimmer10; 25 September 2014, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
                                Tried the 15 reds for the first time last night and boy it's hard. Got about 5 or 6 before breaking down. I think it's a brilliant exercise and VERY addictive!
                                Yes. It all starts of well enough. You can be quite loose with positioning. But to pot the last 3 or 4 balls requires a lot of positional skill. It's tough.

I play a slightly tougher version with one red below black and one red above blue with the rest spread out. Sometimes I can clear them in 20 mins. Sometimes it takes me over a hour. Sometimes I can't clear them at all.

Another variation is to just scatter the reds across the table randomly but not against cushions. Once again potting the first balls is easy but potting the last 3 or so balls is very tough. In some ways it's tougher then the 15 red line up. At least for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X