Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just noticed how small my backswing is!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just noticed how small my backswing is!!

Hi everyone,

I don't usually video myself practicing but as I have a new phone I thought I'd give it a go. What I did notice is my very short backswing! I never think about my cue action, just get down and hit the ball, it works for me, I do draw the cue back a lot more on the long shots that need more power but I do it without thinking! Excuse the brickie's arse by the way!!

Originally Posted by azzza View Post
    Hi everyone,

I don't usually video myself practicing but as I have a new phone I thought I'd give it a go. What I did notice is my very short backswing! I never think about my cue action, just get down and hit the ball, it works for me, I do draw the cue back a lot more on the long shots that need more power but I do it without thinking! Excuse the brickie's arse by the way!!

I'm in no position to comment on technique, but I like the way you get down on the shot. Looks very relaxed and natural.

Comment

Theirs a school of thought that recommends a small back stroke for a low power shot.

Comment

I don't think your backswing is all that short. Judging by the title alone, I thought I was going to see something jabby, twitchy, punchy...short backswing guys are usually like that...those that can't play that is. Didn't think I would watch for more than 10 seconds.
        But it was nothing like I predicted, so I watched the whole thing. Very smooth and relaxed. From first few shots it was very obvious that you can play to a very high standard.

Comment

it is slightly longer when you need to give it some and thats exactly how it should be. you have a good touch and regulate it with your backswing length. do yourself a favour and dont mess with it

Comment

Working...
          X