Help keeping your cool !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help keeping your cool !

What do you do to keep your cool during the game? playing my friend earlier and it was just one of them days where you weren't playing your best. was so angry earlier and I just couldn't play. there's nothing more frustrating when a person who doesn't know a thing about snooker beats you because your temper gets the better of you lol.

Originally Posted by RoryM147 View Post
    What do you do to keep your cool during the game? playing my friend earlier and it was just one of them days where you weren't playing your best. was so angry earlier and I just couldn't play. there's nothing more frustrating when a person who doesn't know a thing about snooker beats you because your temper gets the better of you lol.
    Yep. I've been there. It's very frustrating.
    Now I just concentrate on my routine and take my time. When I do that I eventually start potting balls and making breaks.

Comment

I used to get upset with myself when my game
      wasnt going well but I decided I needed to lighten
      up and remember that its only a game and some
      days are just not the best.
      Also even the best players in the world lose to
      a player they should beat. It happens.

Comment

Drink Snakebite
        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

nothing more frustrating than thinking you're better than you are, if you're losing then you are second best accept it and move on

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
            nothing more frustrating than thinking you're better than you are, if you're losing then you are second best accept it and move on
            LOL. That's simply not true. I play my mate who never thinks about position, always leaves the white against cushions or flukes snookers. Get's flukey rubs all the time and his idea of doubling is to hit it hard enough that it triples or more into the pocket.

I'm a fair bit better then him but he still manages to pinch the odd frame because of the way his plays.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
              LOL. That's simply not true. I play my mate who never thinks about position, always leaves the white against cushions or flukes snookers. Get's flukey rubs all the time and his idea of doubling is to hit it hard enough that it triples or more into the pocket.

I'm a fair bit better then him but he still manages to pinch the odd frame because of the way his plays.
              Are you me mate Tim by any chance?

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post

Honestly mate that is EXACTLY what happens to me haha spot on ! that is the worst thing to watch on a table don't know whether to laugh or cry lol

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                  I totally agree with this.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

There is no quick fix to staying positive, you have to practise it like anything else. Try staying in the present with your thoughts, brush off negative feelings and stop looking for problems. There are a lot good books about this topic for golf.

Comment

I used to get frustarted a lot about 2-3 years ago. It's very, very rare now. Totally pointless and it's the worst thing you can do for your game to lose control of yourself.

I just learned from experience, I was behaving like a petulant baby and it didn't make my snooker any better anyway.
                      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I love it when the person I am playing starts to lose it. I have the mental advantage and throw in a few snookers to really frustrate them.

It is much better to keep your cool and don't show them you are losing it, especially when they fluke a snooker or pot.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

beer, and smash the balls about a couple of times, get it out your system, then beat the bugger overall on frames

Comment

When I first started snooker for a while i used to get so frustrated with not archiving what i wanted to achieve very quickly that to a point i used to smash my cue up on a regular basis, still to this day if I am on a decent run on the table and get a kick or something i feel like launching the cue. having the right temperament in snooker is key which unfortuentley i ain't got.

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                              I love it when the person I am playing starts to lose it. I have the mental advantage and throw in a few snookers to really frustrate them.

It is much better to keep your cool and don't show them you are losing it, especially when they fluke a snooker or pot.

This made me laugh .... If my opponent is getting really mad and I play a snooker , I almost give out a nervous laugh because I'm just waiting for the reaction . It's like laughing at someone who has just hurt themselves . You know you shouldn't but you can't help it .

Comment

Working...
                              X