Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nic Barrow's: How To Make a 100 Break

Hi Folks

Just purchased the e-version of Nic Barrow's: How To Make a 100 Break. I just wondered if anyone had any experience of working their way through this and what their opinion of it was. I am intending to make this year the year where I have a properly planned and structured approach to my practice sessions and this seemed to be just the ticket.

Cheers

David

good luck and hope it works for you ! whats you current level of play atm ?
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

I am actually certified by Nic and The IBSF to teach this product and as a coaching tool by itself the product will help you but to get 100% out of it I would suggest you seek some one on one coaching from a Snooker Gym or IBSF coach who knows how to teach this product.

keep in mind that World Snooker coaches unless they have also done the IBSF, Snooker Gym or recent EASB course they will not have a clue. When seeking coaching from a coach who says they have a World Snooker Certificate please do some more research on the past coaching experience in the game as the World Snooker coaching course for coaches is basically a pay for a certificate system which needs no great knowledge or playing ability, one course I remember the coaches got their certificates on day one of a 3 day course!!!

World Snooker bashing over but please also remember some of the World Snooker coaches are excellent in their own right, the only reason people go on the course is to get a certificate from World Snooker.

Comment

Originally Posted by David Pleym View Post
        Hi Folks

Just purchased the e-version of Nic Barrow's: How To Make a 100 Break. I just wondered if anyone had any experience of working their way through this and what their opinion of it was. I am intending to make this year the year where I have a properly planned and structured approach to my practice sessions and this seemed to be just the ticket.

Cheers

David
        Hi David I purchased mine a year ago and got half way through the Brown Chapter and Summer come along and never got back at it. I just started back at it a little while ago and I am now in the Brown Chapter. It is really good but I run into road blocks every once in a while. Terry Davidson is certified by Nic. He does Skype coaching.
        " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
        " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
        http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Depending on what sort of breaks you're getting at the moment. Players who knock in regular 20-30 breaks who then expect to get a century are I'm my opinion 'living in cuckoo land'. It'll take months & months & months. Chances are it will never happen. They need to set their sights on getting to 50 first & go from there. Players who are hitting regular 70+ breaks. Then for them to make a century will come with seeing a very good coach & proper practice routines. For me, the best coach on the planet is without doubt DEL HILL (www.thesnookerfarm.com). His track record speaks volumes & blows other coaches out of the water. He's based in Lincolnshire. If he can't help you. Take up skittles. Once you've seen him it's about practice, practice & practice. If that fails. Keep practicing & see him again about 6 months later. Playing pigeons doesn't help your game. You get dragged down to their level. Play better players & they'll help you learn too
          Last edited by Tony Morgan; 10 January 2015, 12:13 PM.

Comment

glad this came out I had his previous video how to make a 99 break and been waiting years to make a ton now at last I can make one!

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
              glad this came out I had his previous video how to make a 99 break and been waiting years to make a ton now at last I can make one!
              what new thing did you learn from this dvd Golferson that gave you the breakthrough, was it basically just pot an extra ball?
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Tony Morgan View Post
                Depending on what sort of breaks you're getting at the moment. Players who knock in regular 20-30 breaks who then expect to get a century are I'm my opinion 'living in cuckoo land'. It'll takes months & months & months. Chances are it will never happen. They need to set their sights on getting to 50 first & go from there. Players who are hitting regular 70+ breaks. Then for them to make a century will come with seeing a very good coach & proper practice routines. For me, the best coach on the planet is without doubt DEL HILL (www.thesnookerfarm.com). His track record speaks volumes & blows other coaches out of the water. He's based in Lincolnshire. If he can't help you. Take up skittles. Once you've seen him it's about practice, practice & practice. If that fails. Keep practicing & see him again about 6 months later. Playing pigeons doesn't help your game. You get dragged down to their level. Play better players & they'll help you learn too
                wow £50 an hour......no thanks!!! couldnt afford it

Comment

You get what you pay for Goku. There's coaches out there that charge £200 per hour. So to get someone of Del's experience for £50. It's a bargain

Comment

I take it you have been to see Dell, Tony , could you explain what he goes through with you and what makes his methods that much better than other coaches, thanks.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Tony Morgan View Post
                      You get what you pay for Goku. There's coaches out there that charge £200 per hour. So to get someone of Del's experience for £50. It's a bargain
                      £200 an hour is ludicrous, probably aimed at footballers or other overpaid people
                      £50 is similarly ridiculous

Comment

surely the title of the book should be something along the lines of 'How to improve your break building'
                        Or does every page of this book just say PRACTICE?

Think I'll bring out a book on how to fly Alien Spacecrafts
                        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                          surely the title of the book should be something along the lines of 'How to improve your break building'
                          Or does every page of this book just say PRACTICE?

Think I'll bring out a book on how to fly Alien Spacecrafts
                          This made me laugh! Great post!!! I personally do not agree with using a 'snooker coach'. As they all profess to be the centre of the universe. I am self taught and I will remain that way. I just feel that for somebody that's determined to learn will do so. So to let a coach take over would interfere with your own development. I think that coaches(only the best) should just coach professionals who are just looking for that edge or need assistance in identifying faults/ problems that may have crept into their game. If this was made the case, I wonder how many registered coaches would actually get any customers???
                          Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                          https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            what new thing did you learn from this dvd Golferson that gave you the breakthrough, was it basically just pot an extra ball?
                            well it only went up to 99 and when I got to 99 I didn't know what to do next

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                              This made me laugh! Great post!!! I personally do not agree with using a 'snooker coach'. As they all profess to be the centre of the universe. I am self taught and I will remain that way. I just feel that for somebody that's determined to learn will do so. So to let a coach take over would interfere with your own development. I think that coaches(only the best) should just coach professionals who are just looking for that edge or need assistance in identifying faults/ problems that may have crept into their game. If this was made the case, I wonder how many registered coaches would actually get any customers???
                              I don't agree with this, a coach can identify faults you can't with your game, before they become bigger issues. when you are learning they game you really have not got the experience to identify why things are not working.
                              starting off the right way from the beginning can help one develop much quicker rather than plodding along and allowing those mistakes to become permanent part of your set up.

obviously there are good and bad coaches , so its up to the individual to seek out and research the ones who have the proper qualifications. i think all or most pros started off being coached until they reached a good standard for them to develop naturally, and some chose to revisit a coach later on to tweak out any faults they feel are hampering their progress because they can't do it themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X