Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Coaches in Glasgow?

Hi Folks

Anyone know of any reputable snooker coaches in or around the Glasgow area? I plan to get some F2F coaching on a 1-2 day at a time basis at regular intervals throughout the year. I know Chris Small is based through in Edinburgh and would be willing to travel for that but I live in Greenock (25 miles west of Glasgow) so wondered who was out there a bit closer to home.

Cheers

David

Graeme Dott coaches in Glasgow - he has a website I believe

No need to say he must know his stuff - been in a few world finals and stuff

Comment

My friend is a snooker coach registered with the wpbsa live not far from you.

Comment

Hi Byrom

Duh I completely forgot about Mr. Dott! Mind you I expect he will be in very high demand especially when he is still playing professionally. Still if I book far enough in advance.... and Mr Dott's tutelage would be certainly worth the wait.

Cheers Mate

David

Comment

Hi Andrew

Could you provide me with details mate?

Cheers

David

Comment

Do you play in Greenock if so do you know Thomas mcsorely. Stevie Ballie is the coach think he is about 10 miles from you Houston.

Comment

Jim Donnelly coaches in Glasgow I believe, www.improveyoursnooker.net, he is an ex-pro and has played at the Crucible (many years ago though)
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I do Andrew

I know Thomas but only to say hello to and have seen him playing. My mate has had the chance to play a few practice frames with him - picking the balls out for him really lol. Yeah Houston is no problem distance wise for me. I will make enquiries tomorrow when I'm back in the club.

Thanks for that mate.

Cheers

David

Comment

Hi Terry

Thanks for that. I will check out his website today. It seems that I am possibly going to be spoiled for choice for potential coaches in the West of Scotland! But that is certainly a good thing.

Cheers

David

Comment

Thomas is a good player eh bloody swine lol. Stevie is getting a star table put in his house for the coaching and he is very good or should I say good at leathering me at snooker. Just spoke to Stevie on the phone this is his mobile no if you want to phone him. 07814 150064.

Comment

Originally Posted by David Pleym View Post
                      I do Andrew

I know Thomas but only to say hello to and have seen him playing. My mate has had the chance to play a few practice frames with him - picking the balls out for him really lol. Yeah Houston is no problem distance wise for me. I will make enquiries tomorrow when I'm back in the club.

Thanks for that mate.

Cheers

David
                      I sold Thomas a Trevor White cue recently and Stevie was telling me that he had a couple of 96 breaks back to back with it going for the maximum twice. He is a very good player indeed.

Comment

Yeah he is Andrew LOL

I remember him from when I played in my teens at the Riley's along with Neil Martin and Stephen Wylie. I believe Neil and possibly Stephen turned pro for a while? Well Neil certainly did. A Star table WOW, if only........... Thanks very much for the info Andrew much appreciated. Heading to work now so I will give Stevie a bell this weekend and I will maybe bump into your good self sometime this year.

Cheers Mate

David

Comment

Yeah my pal said he was trying out a new cue. Maple shaft was it? Oh and that he knocked a 96 or a 97 while playing him. He was playing on a regular club table and told my mate he felt he couldn't miss with the big pockets. I wish LOL

Comment

Originally Posted by David Pleym View Post
                            Yeah my pal said he was trying out a new cue. Maple shaft was it? Oh and that he knocked a 96 or a 97 while playing him. He was playing on a regular club table and told my mate he felt he couldn't miss with the big pockets. I wish LOL
                            Yes it was a maple Trevor White cue. It was a lovely playing cue very nice indeed.

Comment

Yeah Mr White's work looks superb though never seen one in the flesh Andrew. Got a new cue on order myself but I think I could easily get the collecting bug! Lol especially when you see the quality of some of the craftsmanship out there!

Comment

Working...
                              X