The Les Edwards Snooker Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
    Sounds like it's good that the tournament season is over Les, if players are capable of getting century breaks you are well out your depth. At least now you got time for serious practice to try to progress your game and try to improve your break building. It's ok saying your safety is good but that's just trying to stop your opponent scoring, you need to be able to step in and score points off your safety or it's no use.
    Hi Markz, yea we have some good players in our tournaments but that 126 was at his home club with buckets for pockets. His high break at the club we play at now which has much tighter pockets against me was 48 this time around. I agree with you, once I get my opponent in trouble I need to be able to capatalize on his mistakes and run some balls. I am still trying to get a few hours in each week. Really working hard on driving the cue through with hand into chest. I actually spent a couple hours this afternoon practicing then tonight I spent three hours on the range hitting balls. Not hard to tell when you watch me hit a golf ball and then watch me hit a cue ball where my miss spent youth went....LOL
    " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
    " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
    http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

• What happened to the weekly challenges?
      This forum seems to be dying for some reason, so many people have dissapeared
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
        What happened to the weekly challenges?
        Hi Geordie, I was thinking the same thing while I was practicing today. I keep working through the challenges. Ran the colours first attempt then went into four reds between black n pink and ran it on first attempt. My game is deffinatly improving. I guess with summer approaching guys have other things on the go.

Comment

• Managed the 3 red line up today, quite easily actually, I made some changes to my cueing technique that seem to have helped, mainly pausing as close as possible to the white, eyes on the object ball for the final draw back, then cue ball at delivery, works for me.

Practising the colours off the spots has also helped me, even though they're never on the spots when I get there in a real frame, just the practice and thought process of moving the cue ball all around the table, leaving angles etc. has helped me a lot.

Comment

What happened to the weekly challenges?
            What the forum needs maybe - is a Geordie cheerleader to get everyone going again

Comment

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
              Hi Geordie, I was thinking the same thing while I was practicing today. I keep working through the challenges. Ran the colours first attempt then went into four reds between black n pink and ran it on first attempt. My game is deffinatly improving. I guess with summer approaching guys have other things on the go.
              Stick at it Les and then show the improvement, i definitely think it's in your own interests to work hard and just listen to Terry for a while until you start to see the benefits.

Gl

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                What the forum needs maybe - is a Geordie cheerleader to get everyone going again

I'm not even going to watch that bonny laird

Wibble

Comment

• Les is too busy playing golf now!
                  WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                  Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Les haven't heard from you in a while, just wondered how you getting on with your practicing.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                      Les haven't heard from you in a while, just wondered how you getting on with your practicing.
                      He must be doing well now. He's had 6 months of solid focused practice.
                      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• My guess is he has got distracted with work n golf given up the hard slog and the table is now a cover for the stuff stored underneath

Comment

• He was viewing this thread at 2.03am today but no post? I hope he didn't have tights over his head:uncomfortableness:

Wibble

Comment

• Hi Guys I knew you would start talking about me sooner or later.....LOL Byrom is right work and golf have got in my way but I was down for an hour yesterday and promised myself that I would work hard the month of August on my Snooker to get my game back. I plan on going right back to my book of Les Edwards drills. Actually on May 24 I decided to build my own personal short game practice facility so I started by designing the shape of my green, tees and approaches and then proceeded to kill all the grass and have 22 cubic yards of an 80/20 Sand / Peat mix delivered. From there I have spent every last minute working on it. Starting to take shape now. I used a 3 Way Creeping bent grass for the Tees and Approaches and A1-A4 Bent for the green. I have also dug out a nice 8' pot bunker and then a rather large bunker on far side of green which I ordered in special white sand from Ohio. I have also installed a pop up watering system. As Jim Wych said now you have a year round practice facility....LOL Golf in the summer and Snooker in the winter. I was going to post some photos but I did not think this was the appropriate spot.

Comment

He was viewing this thread at 2.03am today but no post? I hope he didn't have tights over his head:uncomfortableness:
                              And a fork lift?

Comment

• I for one would love to see the pics pal...

This is your thread, Les... Make it what you will

Comment

Working...
                                X