The Les Edwards Snooker Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    WEEK ONE: Clear the colours off their spots.

Your mission this week, should you choose to accept it, is to clear the colours from their spots, MORE THAN ONCE! That's not back to back, or in the same day, but this week, you should achieve AT LEAST TWO colours clearances.

Please update us on your progress and anything you may be struggling with, and I'm sure all of our friendly members will be glad to help you.

Good luck Les!

EDIT: Also, anyone else that can't do these exercises, feel free to take part and let us know how you get on.
    Okay your on I will video tape it and post it once it happens.
    " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
    " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
    http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
      Played 4 frames against my FIL, in one frame I missed 6 pinks and a black after opening reds.........doh!
      Determined to leave the table on a good note, I've just managed the colours off their spots twice - I'm sweating buckets and knackered but I persevered and made it!! Since I had the table I've gone from never having done that routine to maybe completing it 20 times now in 6 months, thought tonight would be easier than it proved to be but stuck at it and concentrated hard......
      Well done on completing it. It's harder than you might think and is very useful to know you can clear when you need to.
      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
        Okay your on I will video tape it and post it once it happens.
        OK, Les. Remember, you've only got this week and then we're onto the next challenge.

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
          OK, Les. Remember, you've only got this week and then we're onto the next challenge.
          I got it. Should be a peice of cake....... Spent 5 hours playing with Floyd today at the new Cirner Bank Sports Bar & Gill which is owned by John White & Jim Wych, ran a few 30's and a bunch of 20's Floyd is always good at encouraging me. He feeds confidence into my brain, now if I can just keep it there.

Comment

Originally Posted by timcunnell View Post
            Challenge accepted! Here's my video
            Oh - and I'd be grateful for any advice on my action. I know it needs work!!
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdKOR59-ri0
            Good job. You made it look easy. My biggest problem is the green. Because I only have 15% movement in my right arm and is stuck at 30 degrees from straight which is my bridge arm unless I leave a fine cut on the green I cannot reach it so I have the rest out for the green. I have better luck clearing the colours when I start with the yellow in the same pocket as the green. But I am going to give it go for the rest of the week.

Comment

Good job. You made it look easy. My biggest problem is the green. Because I only have 15% movement in my right arm and is stuck at 30 degrees from straight which is my bridge arm unless I leave a fine cut on the green I cannot reach it so I have the rest out for the green. I have better luck clearing the colours when I start with the yellow in the same pocket as the green. But I am going to give it go for the rest of the week.
              I gues you could play the white off the yellow so you can reach it ok? Unless you are clocking it fron the black, you have ball in hand put it where it is good for you not where everyone puts it.

Comment

les when you say your bridge arm is 30 degrees from straight, I find this not too bad as long as you leave the cueball somewhere where you could reach it.
                I mean a lot of pros don't play with a straight arm unless they are stretching for a shot, however they would always try and leave a shot where they can get there bridge arm on the table, and at an angle

maybe you should start trying to play for positions where your bridge arm isn't causing you a problem and awkwardness.
                play to your strengths and think carefully where is the best position for you and try and leave angles on shots to get you there.

Comment

Start off ball in hand with the yellow into the green pocket with an angle that you can run through for position on the green into the yellow pocket.

Comment

I don't think I ever play with my arm totally straight Les cept when reaching for a shot - that's no excuse push yourself come'on - Pot the yellow and practice soft stunning up and down centre white to keep the ball away from the rails and in open play - makes it easier - don't just roll them in stun them in I want hear them smack the leather

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                      I don't think I ever play with my arm totally straight Les cept when reaching for a shot - that's no excuse push yourself come'on - Pot the yellow and practice soft stunning up and down centre white to keep the ball away from the rails and in open play - makes it easier - don't just roll them in stun them in I want hear them smack the leather
                      My thoughts exactly. I was just down for 1/2 hour before I head off to work and I could not get by the green and it dawned on me as I said to myself when I went down to my room the plan was to stay down and learn from the shot. Talking about stun no matter where I was on the green I would roll it. Then it came to me this is no different then making a black and stunning out for a red. I know the angles the cue ball travels so use it. Next time around I ran the colours. No video as I did not have time. Why has it taken me this long to realize a stun off the rail are all the same as a stun off the black rail. Can't wait to get home. Could be making it a short day....

Comment

Next time around I ran the colours. No video as I did not have time.
                        That's great, Les! Well done!

We look forward to a video later and this will also mean you've completed your first challenge!

Comment

I also completed the colours challenge today but I did not film it.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                            Well done mate! I presume you managed it more than once then?

Comment

My thoughts exactly. I was just down for 1/2 hour before I head off to work and I could not get by the green and it dawned on me as I said to myself when I went down to my room the plan was to stay down and learn from the shot. Talking about stun no matter where I was on the green I would roll it. Then it came to me this is no different then making a black and stunning out for a red. I know the angles the cue ball travels so use it. Next time around I ran the colours. No video as I did not have time. Why has it taken me this long to realize a stun off the rail are all the same as a stun off the black rail. Can't wait to get home. Could be making it a short day....
                              Fantastic Les, you are thinking about the game, that's how you improve , I'm so pleased for you.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                                Well done cyber, now do two in a loop, so black to yellow then carry on, you are easily good enough to do that.
                                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                                X