• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echo that...

Comment

• Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
      Hi Les

I have been looking through this post and I think it's great what you are trying to do and encourage others in their practise routines in order to improve. However, and I hope you understand I am trying to be honest and help here, until you learn to draw the cue back smoothly, pause and follow through the cue ball, no routines in the world will ever improve your consistency. Your standard some days might be okay, but in terms of overall consistency, there will be no sustainable progress. Forget all the routines for now, every one, and learn to get your stroke right first. With the amount of dedication you clearly have for the game, I'm sure you can do it. Trust me, there is no other way if you are serious about consistent improvement.
      That is the best advice given on this thread, work with Terry on all the basics of the game to get a technique you will trust. When not with Terry just play to enjoy the game and as your basics improve you will get confidence. This would be the time then to attempt all the various routines that are available all over the internet and not just on this forum.

Comment

• This has been said by nearly everyone on this site on one thread or another about Les and his cue action, Terry has worked with him in the past and to be fair had him cueing ok for a few days on and off but it never seems to last. I can remember a video from last year of Les playing up and down the spots after just returning from Terry's and he was cueing much better then.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
          You got that right. Like I said the minute it means something everything changes. If I put a price of chalk beside the CB my tip would finish on the bridge hand side. Just a jerky stroke.

Yea another problem I have. TD has told me about it time and time again but I think my arm has a lot do do with it. I found if I use the little 53" cue that TD Made me for a couple tight areas I can have about 12" out front.
          You are not adjusting the grip hand. Mark 10" to start with on the shaft and tape on the butt where to hold for a straight down cueing arm. Doesn't matter how bent your bridge arm is you will still be able to have a longer backswing.

But you have been told this before. You need a longer smoother stroke otherwise I think you have found your level.

Comment

• But you have been told this before. You need a longer smoother stroke otherwise I think you have found your level.
            you have to learn to hit the white like it's not even there.

Comment

• but this is the canadian stroke, this jabdy pecker stuff is in the blood. might be something to do with the weather

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                but this is the canadian stroke, this jabdy pecker stuff is in the blood. might be something to do with the weather
                LOL I watched Cliffs match yesterday. Of course I was watching to see his stroke. Starts with tip at front pause about 3 to 4 inches from the ball then draws his cue back maybe an inch from that. I guess I have been hanging around with Cliff too much....LOL he calls every shot a chip shot like golf. But the difference is he hasn't mastered the jabby stroke ove 50 years. I could do the same but I don't have that much time.....
                " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

• I think it's being brought up playing with those stupid American pool balls.

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                    I think it's being brought up playing with those stupid American pool balls.
                    I don't know what it is Pottr but it gets very frustrating. I am going to post a video after diner of me just pitting balls. No pressure just relaxing and I don't care if they go in, all I care about is the stroke.

Comment

• Les, can you try this for me...

Just play with a ridiculously loose cueing arm... It will feel weird, but humour me...

Loose grip too, but a firm bridge and a touch closer to the white...

Don't worry about your stance, chest contact or anything once you're down on the shot... Just let a big lofty loose cueing arm get through the white... Slippery....

Let's see if we can get you hitting that white like it doesn't matter...

don't get down on yourself... it's a game.

Comment

Les, can you try this for me...

Just play with a ridiculously loose cueing arm... It will feel weird, but humour me...

Don't worry about your stance, chest contact or anything once you're down on the shot... Just let a big lofty loose cueing arm get through the white... Slippery....

A loose grip is great to get through the cue ball and once mastered gives so many different variations on the shots you can play against using a tight grip. You get much more feedback and feel from the shot. I try to tell all my mates this but they carry on banging away with all the power coming from their arm and no feel in the shot.

Comment

• i said it before and its worth repeating, your too busy with the process of gassing and loading vids. its an egg yoke and its all wrong

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                            i said it before and its worth repeating, your too busy with the process of gassing and loading vids. its an egg yoke and its all wrong
                            It's all about putting the time in on the table. Most of us dream of owning our own snooker table, I'm lucky to get 2-6 hours a week practice at my local club. At the moment I can't even get that due to a slipped disc. If I'd got my own table I'd never be off it lol

Comment

Les, can you try this for me...

There you go.
                              https://bambuser.com/v/5286703
                              Last edited by lesedwards; 15 February 2015, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Out of interest, parris champion cue?

Comment

Working...
                                X