The Les Edwards Snooker Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    I think people need to start accepting where they are in terms of their ability and just take on the chin that they just might not improve to the standard they wish for and although the great quote "practice practice" works for some remember every player is different where some can adapt quicker with practice and you've got those who just haven't got the ability wether they put the hours in.
    May come across harsh to some but IMO it's true.
    Yes you are correct but I am not one to let anything hold me back as I always can find a way. I am very motivated and my wife calls me stubborn. I cannot do things just for the fun of it. I have to be good and I will find a way.
    " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
    " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
    http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
      Yes you are correct but I am not one to let anything hold me back as I always can find a way. I am very motivated and my wife calls me stubborn. I cannot do things just for the fun of it. I have to be good and I will find a way.
      Prove us wrong then Les because at the present time and IMHO I can't see you hitting a decent standard and I mean no disrespect by this just my thoughts.

Comment

Prove us wrong then Les because at the present time and IMHO I can't see you hitting a decent standard and I mean no disrespect by this just my thoughts.
        Don't worry I will. Here is a short video I just took of my bridge hand when cue ball is close to the cushion. Well not reall that close.

https://bambuser.com/v/5341746

Comment

• respect lesley simply your best video yet

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
          Don't worry I will. Here is a short video I just took of my bridge hand when cue ball is close to the cushion. Well not reall that close.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
            respect lesley simply your best video yet
            Thanks, I will continue working with what I have to work with. Any help is always appreciated but as everyone can see I am not only trying to pot a ball but keep my bridge hand very still while doing a balancing act. Possibly the reason for my jabby short quick stroke as I can only hold everything in one position so long.

Comment

I see your problem now. Hopefully you can get that sorted as a firm bridge hand and I mean really pressing fingers and palm into the cloth can help with smoother cueing.

Comment

• yeah youll need a wee bit more pressure over your bridge to feel more stable, and it may be easier than you think
                now for more clarity id need to see some shots at pace, like the long blue with screw

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                  yeah youll need a wee bit more pressure over your bridge to feel more stable, and it may be easier than you think
                  now for more clarity id need to see some shots at pace, like the long blue with screw
                  Just heading out to the job site. I will try and get one later.

Comment

• I had a look at this Les - so to get more stability have you ever tried using the loop bridge?

Ask Cliff to show you this next time you see him - that might help you maybe? - also you could just possibly put the mini butt on extend the length of cue and cue off the cushion rather than force yourself into a painful position?
                    Last edited by Byrom; 11 March 2015, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                      I had a look at this Les - so to get more stability have you ever tried using the loop bridge?

Ask Cliff to show you this next time you see him - that might help you maybe? - also you could just possibly put the mini butt on extend the length of cue and cue off the cushion rather than force yourself into a painful position?
                      Yea tried the loop bridge but it makes things even tougher. Cueing off the cushion is much easier but sometimes my bridge on the cushion could be 12 to 14" from the CB which like TD has always told me to get my bridge hand closer to the CB instead of farther away. But now you all see my problem and the closer I get to the CB the more up right I get. I will try to get some long Blues up J6 in a little bit.

Comment

Yea tried the loop bridge but it makes things even tougher. Cueing off the cushion is much easier but sometimes my bridge on the cushion could be 12 to 14" from the CB which like TD has always told me to get my bridge hand closer to the CB instead of farther away. But now you all see my problem and the closer I get to the CB the more up right I get. I will try to get some long Blues up J6 in a little bit.
                        well one particular Canadian player had a longer bridge he was not too bad -

Up to you Les - just trying to help you find a way that makes you happy with things.

Comment

I think people need to start accepting where they are in terms of their ability and just take on the chin that they just might not improve to the standard they wish for and although the great quote "practice practice" works for some remember every player is different where some can adapt quicker with practice and you've got those who just haven't got the ability wether they put the hours in.
                          May come across harsh to some but IMO it's true.
                          That simply isn't true and very discouraging for some people. Look at players like Mark Selby who himself proclaimed he had no natural ability and had to work hard to be where hes at. Hes now World Champion and he said himself that if he doesnt play for a week its like hes never held a cue. So doesnt matter if you have talent or not, if you put in the work it pays off.

Comment

• Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                            Can you get a vid up of long straight blues from both sides then to see the difference?
                            It actually does make a difference, on the right side of the table I can screw the cue back into the pocket at least 8/10, 10/10 on a good day. On the left side I can only do about 5/10 for some reason...

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                              It actually does make a difference, on the right side of the table I can screw the cue back into the pocket at least 8/10, 10/10 on a good day. On the left side I can only do about 5/10 for some reason...
                              I also experience this however the other way around (being right handed). For me I find that the table gets in the way of where I want to place my left leg when on the right hand side of the table.

Comment

• Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                                I also experience this however the other way around (being right handed). For me I find that the table gets in the way of where I want to place my left leg when on the right hand side of the table.
                                Yea just doesnt feel as comfortable but I suppose with enough practice you can get used to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X