The Les Edwards Snooker Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    Good stuff Les. Good luck tomorrow and remember, you know you're capable of potting 3 or 4 or 5 reds around the pink and black spots, so be confident and hit the ball well.
    Well Ted here is my day at the Tournament. I started by warming up with TD playing a couple practice frames which I played very poorly, then I worked on the four red routine running it the first time and then the T routine running it the first time all to bring my confidence up. I started out my match against a player that is probably 10 to 20 points better then I am but I took the first two games in our best of 7. No big breaks but excellent safety play. High break of 15 in fact that was my highest break in the entire match. After two games of studying every shot I played do I play safe do I take a chance I was not only worn out but had lost all concentration. I lost the next 4 straight. My third game I made eight reds with no colours and I can honestly say I would look at the red and look for a colour but could not concentrate on what I was doing. Red safe, Red safe frustrated but also pleased that I won a couple games. Four hour match.
    " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
    " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
    http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

• Just carry on enjoying the game Mr E.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
        Just carry on enjoying the game Mr E.
        Yes Leo that's all I can do. I watch this guy in his late 60's on the table beside me running 50's and 60's and even an 80 something but I forget this guy has been playing for 50 years and I have been playing for two..... well at least I am winning a few games.

Comment

• Hey Les! To be honest, that's good going! You've only been playing two years and you took the first two frames off a much more experienced player. That's definitely a good thing. You've got plenty more time to improve now and then we'll have you taking even more frames!
          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
            Just carry on enjoying the game Mr E.
            Got to be hard to enjoy a match of 6 frames lasting four hours. No wonder Les struggled to concentrate, must have been some pretty negative snooker going on to last that long. Be like going back to Eddie Charlton v Cliff Thorburn grinding away.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
              Got to be hard to enjoy a match of 6 frames lasting four hours. No wonder Les struggled to concentrate, must have been some pretty negative snooker going on to last that long. Be like going back to Eddie Charlton v Cliff Thorburn grinding away.
              Negative Snooker now that's a good one. Is that what you call it. So many safeties that the colours are all out of play and you are playing safeties because even if you did make a red there is no colour to shoot at. There was one frame where the Black, Pink, Brown and Green where all jambed up on the cushion with reds all around them. That's ugly Snooker....

Comment

• Sounds like fun

Comment

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                  Negative Snooker now that's a good one. Is that what you call it. So many safeties that the colours are all out of play and you are playing safeties because even if you did make a red there is no colour to shoot at. There was one frame where the Black, Pink, Brown and Green where all jambed up on the cushion with reds all around them. That's ugly Snooker....
                  Sounds like my worst nightmare Les, four hours of that and I think I'd be throwing my cue in the river lol.

Comment

Sounds like fun
                    Sounds like the average frame in the league lol

Comment

Sounds like my worst nightmare Les, four hours of that and I think I'd be throwing my cue in the river lol.
                      Maybe I have to look at my saftey play a little different and try and open up colours at the same time. I know when Floyd and I are playing he is always trying to open the colours.

Comment

Sounds like the average frame in the league lol
                        Yeah. That's why I don't play league snooker!

Comment

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                          Maybe I have to look at my saftey play a little different and try and open up colours at the same time. I know when Floyd and I are playing he is always trying to open the colours.
                          Just have to play the table Les. No point trying to confuse it even more manufacturing shots. Table can always get scrappy when players have different skill levels. I don't think you would be in danger of needing to clear the colours off their spots lol

Comment

Just have to play the table Les. No point trying to confuse it even more manufacturing shots. Table can always get scrappy when players have different skill levels. I don't think you would be in danger of needing to clear the colours off their spots lol
                            No you got that right. Most games by that point there are no colours even close to their spot. Yellow on the cushion brown Tied up with black green on the rail blue n pink jammed together. The Rocket would have trouble clearing them....LOL

Comment

• Just wondering if this weeks challenge should be every single colour tied up on a cushion and you've got to try and clear

Comment

Just wondering if this weeks challenge should be every single colour tied up on a cushion and you've got to try and clear
                                Got to have a sense of humour with this game. I'd rather lose knowing I've gone out to win and enjoy the game than play like I'm scared of losing.

Comment

Working...
                                X