Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make long distance deep screw like Judd Trump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make long distance deep screw like Judd Trump?

what is the best stance and swing for this to happen? i need to learn it.

Drive your legs into the shot to give you the extra power and throw your shoulder into it and whip your wrist on the follow through but chalk your cue first or you will have no chance.

Comment

Power and ability to strike the cue ball low with accuracy are main ingredients. You will need a long backswing to create the power. Aim for low on the cue ball and strike it there. Many players dip into the cue ball causing a miscue. Try shorter screw shots then move the balls apart little by little.
      coaching is not just for the pros
      www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

don't cue too low, cue level and straight just below the center with speed speed timing timing and more timing speed
        Last edited by j6uk; 21 January 2015, 06:36 AM.

Comment

I'm assuming we're talking about screw backs where the distance between cue ball and object ball could be 3 metres or so. Massive, yes. And you want to screw back to baulk? Good luck with timing, striking low and fast, being smooth and staying still on that one.
          Even under ideal conditions, I would say that no more than 0.0001% of snooker players in the world could perform this shot. And probably not all of the Main tour pro players could do it either. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

I think just below centre for a deep screw shot is too high. Cueing lower will save you having to strike the cue ball as hard. The cue can't be too level on the address position because of the cushion rail.

Comment

Agree totally aceman. I know some very good professionals and amateur players who only ever attempt this shot on super quick tv tables. They just haven't got the ability or technique to play the shot.

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
                And probably not all of the Main tour pro players could do it either. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
                Totally agree. Judd is a freak in being able to play this shot! I'm seen Ali Carter play it too - but not many others. I really don't think there are many tour players who have that kind of cue power.
                You need incredible timing - you've got to strike very low on the white, and still hit it very hard. And doing that alone without sending the white off the table is hard enough.
                As someone else said, start small and build up. Put a ball in the jaws of the middle pocket and try potting it and screwing back into the opposite middle bag. Start with the white quite close to the object ball and move it back as you get better.
                To pull of the Judd Trump deep-screw shot though, you'll need a serious amount of natural talent. Also not possible with a cheap cue, and/or on a club cloth IMHO.

Comment

I am a decent club player who has made several 100+ breaks and in the club where i play i can sit a red ball almost in the pocket (black spot end) with cue ball on balk line and can screw back in to balk no problems and i dont use a light white ball... dont be afraid to cue the white ball as close to the bottom as you can keeping your bridge hand as low as you can...almost like hitting the cloth and the white ball at the same time..notice how many times there is chalk marks left on the cloth after any pros play this shot.
                  Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

I am with J6 UK on this one I don't think it is easy to do hitting so low on the white that technique sounds like a cloth ripper - its more about timing for me too - there is a guy called pottr that can do this well - My technique is probably flawed here because I lift my head off the cue and flick it somehow with the tip rather than push through - the cue ends up in the air bit like Judds - but get the odd screamer.

Comment

Heh, yes, gotta get back to baulk.. The snooker behind the yellow is so valuable after a 10 foot pot..

Comment

Yeah it's not really a shot that's needed, if there's even a tiny angle, which there usually is at that distance, it should be easier to get to baulk with top, or play safe. I think Judd does it to wow the crowds, how often do you play in front of a crowd?

Comment

how often do you play in front of a crowd?
                          Does the opponent count?

Comment

I cannot remember which match, i saw Mark Allen able to screw the white fom baulk cushion and red was very near to top pocket. White went back near baulk line i think; truely amazing shot, anyone knows which one I am trying to say?

It's always a worry to play very low on the white, for making a hole on the clothe.

Comment

Here is big igor again - showing us all how its done

Comment

Working...
                              X