Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest shot practice

Hi all

Basically, I suck ar rest shots. I miss about 8/10 on them and my break building is suffering a great deal as a result. Ideally I would like to spend time practicing them but as it's expensive in my area for table time, that's not really an option. Are there any good ways to be able to practice cueing straight using the rest at home?

Thanks in advance

Jono

Sit on your sofa at home, legs outstretched in front of you, shoes off, feet on a coffe table or something and put your big toes together to form a V and practise pushing the cue through, eyes right behind it to see if it goes through straight.
    Try a firmer grip than usual and feather and stroke the cue through just like your cue action with a definate backswing and rear pause.

Find a grip/action that consistantly goes through straight and apply the same when next at the table, only remember to focus on the object ball on the strike and not the cue as in this practise.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
      Sit on your sofa at home, legs outstretched in front of you, shoes off, feet on a coffe table
      When i do this i am usually calling the misses in next not grabbing a Cue.......

If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Working...
      X