Getting a snooker table!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
    Going to check out this table tonight....really hope this works out. The seller seems pretty genuine and he swears everything is in good condition ; cushions, levelling, pockets, etc. Will find out for certain tonight, really excited!
    Awesome Oma, take some photos and email me tonight and tell me all about it. I am billiard table junky.... I could switch mine weekly but I have a keeper now.
    " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
    " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
    http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

I'm guessing the tables still up, Oma, try and play on it for even ten minutes, to get a feel for it. Doesn't matter the state of the cloth so much , but you can judge the cushions and the pockets. Give it a good look over, Les will be able to give you a better list than me, but pocket leathers, those mountings fitted to support the slate and help to level them, can't remember their names, things like that.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        I'm guessing the tables still up, Oma, try and play on it for even ten minutes, to get a feel for it. Doesn't matter the state of the cloth so much , but you can judge the cushions and the pockets. Give it a good look over, Les will be able to give you a better list than me, but pocket leathers, those mountings fitted to support the slate and help to level them, can't remember their names, things like that.
        Thanks for the advice, I ended up buying the table...was in pretty good condition considering its age. Seemed pretty level and also came with a lot of accessories. The cushions will definitely need replacing, cue ball seems to jump sometimes when hitting some cushions. The pockets are tight but not as bad as I thought, very playable and overall I think I got my moneys worth despite the bit of work itll need.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          Thanks for the advice, I ended up buying the table...was in pretty good condition considering its age. Seemed pretty level and also came with a lot of accessories. The cushions will definitely need replacing, cue ball seems to jump sometimes when hitting the cushions and many areas seemed dead. As to be expected from such an old table. The pockets are tight but not as bad as I thought, very playable and overall I think I got my moneys worth despite the bit of work it'll need. Thanks everyone

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I ended up buying the table...was in pretty good condition considering its age. Seemed pretty level and also came with a lot of accessories. The cushions will definitely need replacing, cue ball seems to jump sometimes when hitting the cushions and many areas seemed dead. As to be expected from such an old table. The pockets are tight but not as bad as I thought, very playable and overall I think I got my moneys worth despite the bit of work it'll need. Thanks everyone
            Sounds good, when is delivery time? Do the guys moving it and setting up replace cushions? If so get them done all at the same time as the move and make sure they put on Northern Rubber. There is a Black rubber that looks the same but the real ones have Nothern Rubber stamped on them in white. No sense of tearing it all a part to replace the cushions later. How is the cloth? Same thing much easier to do it now. Like I said I have a set of new still in the box blonde leathers.

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
              Sounds good, when is delivery time? Do the guys moving it and setting up replace cushions? If so get them done all at the same time as the move and make sure they put on Northern Rubber. There is a Black rubber that looks the same but the real ones have Nothern Rubber stamped on them in white. No sense of tearing it all a part to replace the cushions later. How is the cloth? Same thing much easier to do it now. Like I said I have a set of new still in the box blonde leathers.
              Definitely going to get the Norther Rubber and will have it delivered sometime next week only issue is the money. My guy quoted me about 1900 to have it all delivered and installed with new rubber so I just might get it done at the same time although he told me its no extra fee to have it done later as well. The cloth is okay for now but will need to be changed soon as well, seems pretty quick. And sorry what is the blonde leather for? Not familiar with those.

Comment

pockets

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                  pockets
                  Ah...hence the leather That would make sense.

Comment

J
                    Definitely going to get the Norther Rubber and will have it delivered sometime next week only issue is the money. My guy quoted me about 1900 to have it all delivered and installed with new rubber so I just might get it done at the same time although he told me its no extra fee to have it done later as well. The cloth is okay for now but will need to be changed soon as well, seems pretty quick. And sorry what is the blonde leather for? Not familiar with those.
                    These are on my table.

These are what I installed on my previous table which is what I have brand bpnew in the box.

Comment

Well? How is your table? If I remember correctly you where having your table delivered and setup yesterday. Oma's probably sleeping on it or under it.....

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                        Well? How is your table? If I remember correctly you where having your table delivered and setup yesterday. Oma's probably sleeping on it or under it.....

Haha sorry didnt get a chance to post earlier, the table is pretty sweet! The cloth is a bit slow but will change that soon and the pockets play pretty tight yet are considerably forgiving for certain shots Will post a video after work!

Comment

That is a beautiful table you have there sir. I only wish to have the means and the money to have my own someday!
                          “Thus so wretched is man that he would weary even without any cause for weariness... and so frivolous is he that, though full of a thousand reasons for weariness, the least thing, such as playing billiards or hitting a ball, is sufficient enough to amuse him.” Mr. Blaise Pascal

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookeredYou View Post
                            That is a beautiful table you have there sir. I only wish to have the means and the money to have my own someday!
                            Thanks, Im sure someday!

Comment

Haha sorry didnt get a chance to post earlier, the table is pretty sweet! The cloth is a bit slow but will change that soon and the pockets play pretty tight yet are considerably forgiving for certain shots Will post a video after work!
                              Great, looking forward to seeing the table.

Comment

OmaMiesta ,,, a few pictures would also be fine. any chance for that ?? If u have time !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X