• Show
Clear All

you were just lucky
    Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
    I don't know how I learnt to play the game without these drills

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      blasters a computer program
      Which of you is Neo, Trinity and Morpheous?

Comment

I don't know how I learnt to play the game without these drills
        That's why you're not as good as Ding.
        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
          so ding does these drills then

Comment

so ding does these drills then
            Must do. Master Blaster said that's how you get perfect cue ball control.
            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post

Exactly. Folk would be amazed how many drills the pros do to become really good. Bingo is famous for being a journeyman pro down in Essex, then seeing a coach to sort his problem with striking across the ball, recovering centre ball cueing, and improving his break-building. He puts in more hours than most and he's got the rewards. I have huge respect for him. His cueing has improved as well. These things aren't learnt in practice frames. To recover centre ball striking he would have lots of exercises to do. There are certain starter balls they practice over and over, certain cannons, run-throughs, etc. But to be able to play those cannons with finesse, you need control. If you already have it, great. If you don't and it's a weakness, then do some routines to improve that weakness until it's a strength.

As Griffiths said, snooker is war. And those that usually win wars are those with the best weapons. That's what routines and tests are about, improving your weapons ready for when they're needed in frames, sharpening them.

I started this thread for the advanced members who can already do the Les Challenge, to give them something else to do, sharpen their weapons, add a bit of spice to their practice. And if they can do them, they should be thinking about serious pro-ams and going to Q-school. We know they're already up to or near county standard.
              Last edited by Master Blaster; 18 March 2015, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Master Blaster, what would you say the top 3 routines that the majority of all pro's would do? Looking on YouTube the basic line up and T line up still seem to be popular.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                  Exactly. Folk would be amazed how many drills the pros do to become really good. Bingo is famous for being a journeyman pro down in Essex, then seeing a coach to sort his problem with striking across the ball, recovering centre ball cueing, and improving his break-building. He puts in more hours than most and he's got the rewards. I have huge respect for him. His cueing has improved as well. These things aren't learnt in practice frames. To recover centre ball striking he would have lots of exercises to do. There are certain starter balls they practice over and over, certain cannons, run-throughs, etc. But to be able to play those cannons with finesse, you need control. If you already have it, great. If you don't and it's a weakness, then do some routines to improve that weakness until it's a strength.

As Griffiths said, snooker is war. And those that usually win wars are those with the best weapons. That's what routines and tests are about, improving your weapons ready for when they're needed in frames, sharpening them.

I started this thread for the advanced members who can already do the Les Challenge, to give them something else to do, sharpen their weapons, add a bit of spice to their practice. And if they can do them, they should be thinking about serious pro-ams and going to Q-school. We know they're already up to or near county standard.
                  Who's bingo?

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                    Master Blaster, what would you say the top 3 routines that the majority of all pro's would do? Looking on YouTube the basic line up and T line up still seem to be popular.
                    True. You even see players in finals practising the line up on the practise table behind the presenters during intervals, usually when they're getting humped.

It's gonna vary a lot. Griffiths advocates a 30/70 split between solo and competitive practice. Maybe Nic Barrow can give his expertise on your question about what they do in solo time, he's worked with a lot of pros.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                      Who's bingo?
                      Stuart Bingham

Comment

Originally Posted by View Post
                        Stuart Bingham
                        Stuart then cheers.

Comment

if im gonna get humped on the lineup id like prior warning so i can put the traps out

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                          True. You even see players in finals practising the line up on the practise table behind the presenters during intervals, usually when they're getting humped.

It's gonna vary a lot. Griffiths advocates a 30/70 split between solo and competitive practice. Maybe Nic Barrow can give his expertise on your question about what they do in solo time, he's worked with a lot of pros.

Comment

Originally Posted by View Post
                            Thanks - I was quite surprised. I did have a little go at the top spin today - not so good, maybe 10/11 out of the 21. TBH I'm not in the same league as you guys but the 1st challenge plays to my strength of stun, screw sort of with control, struggle with cushions mainly due to using excessive amounts of side. I'm not so good with follow though but will try it out again tomorrow.
                            tried the topspin challenge today, managed 15 which is ok I suppose. Not sure I'll be able to finish it though. I'll keep trying though, but like I said earlier I can't compete with the rest of you on here. With a match high break of 45 and generally 20's & 30's I'm happy having done the first challenge!!

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                              if im gonna get humped on the lineup id like prior warning so i can put the traps out
                              j6uk, what do you think are the 3 main routines most of the pro's would use on a regular basis. I still use the classic line up, T line up and the straight blues as my starting practice.

Comment

i don't know, its been a long time since iv been in the company of a pro, but looking back i saw lots of long shots around the back of the pack, the cross, lineup with only the pink, sequential lineup maxes

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                                j6uk, what do you think are the 3 main routines most of the pro's would use on a regular basis. I still use the classic line up, T line up and the straight blues as my starting practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X