Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Tendinitises - bad bad situation- yeah its me again :(

Hello All,

I haven't played for a few days. I am in some trouble. I have a tendinitis in my bridge shoulder, cueing shoulder and even in my left foot (I am a lefty and my left foot is the straight foot). Inasmuch as the foot is concerned, I am still not sure if it is due to snooker. But at the moment I have pain in both my shoulders and my left foot (My left foot reminds me of the old D-Day Lawis movie by the way)- what an actor no?

The thing is that I ordered a hand made shoe which was made to my foot size and when I wore it, it was rather tight but the maker said its leather so it will ease a bit with use so I thought it is all right. I was wearing the shoes and went for a three hour lecture and delivered it and then played some snooker and then came back home and had to go attend a wedding the next day in the same shoes. This is how at least I personally remember how the pain started the next day on- its been three weeks now and the pain is still there. The foot does not hurt when sitting but when I put pressure on it it hurts real bad and the exact spot where it hurts is the left side of it (outer foot) the area just under the little finger. I did an x-ray today and there is no hairline fracture. So its either muscular or in the tissue etc. But question is that why only in left foot why not both- both shoes were tight. So I was thinking if it is connected to my stance? The straight left foot it is.

As for the tendinitis in both shoulders for some reason I am really worried. What am I doing wrong? Did the new shorter cue induced it as I changed my stance a bit? The chicken wing bridge arm? But it should not be the reason for it. And why is it in the cueing arm shoulder too?

Is it wrong stance, or is it my height and weight. I am tall as well as over weight Yes a fatty one and am going to turn 38 this June. Age, weight related maybe ???????

Ideas, suggestions please...
    "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Hi Sidd, I think I mentioned this some years ago when you first mentioned this tendonitis, and that many eyars ago I had "tennis" elbow in both elbows at the same time and it was acupuncture that worked for me
    after injections, physio, laser, magnets; acupunture worked after 4 sessions with a fifth cancelled as not required.
    Obviously what is causing the problem in the first palce needs to be addressed and I will leave that to your coaches.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Sidd:

Stop wearing the shoes if you suspect them. Then find a physiotherapist who practices acupuncture (my wife used to do this before she retired) and you will get the problem sorted.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        Hi Sidd, I think I mentioned this some years ago when you first mentioned this tendonitis, and that many eyars ago I had "tennis" elbow in both elbows at the same time and it was acupuncture that worked for me
        after injections, physio, laser, magnets; acupunture worked after 4 sessions with a fifth cancelled as not required.
        Obviously what is causing the problem in the first palce needs to be addressed and I will leave that to your coaches.
        I have tendinitis in both elbows inner bone and at times its very painful , seems worse in the mornings and after a snooker session , think i will look at acupunture . Glad i read this

Comment

Google advice:

http://www.webmd.com/first-aid/tc/te...tment-overview

With new shoes, try to wear them in slowly. Stuff some newspaper in them overnight as it helps to stretch them.

Get well soon!
          My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
          I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
            I have tendinitis in both elbows inner bone and at times its very painful , seems worse in the mornings and after a snooker session , think i will look at acupunture . Glad i read this
            i just went to the doc and said we had tried all the other treatments, which had not worked and could we try acupunture (a lady at work had told me to give it a try), and the doc just said ok you will get a letter for your appointments.
            Within two months later I had had my appointments and my elbows were much better! They are not completely cured, say if I do excessive DIY the elbows will ache but normal pain relief and rest will work, but I am not disabled by them in any way in normal day to day activities
            I am sure acupunture is not for everyone but it worked for me and I certainly hope it helps you
            let us know how you get on
            Last edited by DeanH; 22 April 2015, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
              Sidd:

Stop wearing the shoes if you suspect them. Then find a physiotherapist who practices acupuncture (my wife used to do this before she retired) and you will get the problem sorted.

agree terry, worked wonders on my knees but only a short term fix, the pain does come back... sterid injections next, and then if they dont work for me, im getting the chainsaw out and a bit of DIY surgery.....

doesnt help with slight limitations in right shoulder as well (another lefty) so cant get my bridge arm straight as i used to.

Comment

i just went to the doc and said we had tried all the other treatments, which had not worked and could we try acupunture (a lady at work had told me to give it a try), and the doc just said ok you will get a letter for your appointments.
                Within two months later I had had my appointments and my elbows were much better! They are not completely cured, say if I do excessive DIY the elbows will ache but normal pain relief and rest will work, but I am not disabled by them in any way in normal day to day activities
                I am sure acupunture is not for everyone but it worked for me and I certainly it helps you
                let us know how you get on
                dean it certainly helps when its a nice young female sticking the pins in you.....

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                  dean it certainly helps when its a nice young female sticking the pins in you.....
                  that did help yes

Comment

that did help yes
                    did with me too! and the massage after

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                      did with me too! and the massage after
                      eh?! I don't have one of those! I've been diddled!

Comment

eh?! I don't have one of those! I've been diddled!

full knee and back of thigh massage every time, lovely!

Comment

Multiple Tendinitises - bad bad situation- yeah its me again

all on the NHS?!
                          you lucky so and so

Comment

all on the NHS?!
                            you lucky so and so

yep!!!

just imagine if i went bupa!

Comment

Thanks DeanH, Terry, Mythman, Hotpot and everyone else. The problem is pretty much under control now. I took some time off and did some oil massage and things are much much better now. Although when I sleep on my left shoulder it really pains in the morning but then goes normal over the day. The outer side of my left foot (straight foot) still hurts a bit but I think I have been playing snooker and also giving half day lectures so it has just been sort of overworked or something. I think that I am tall and fat and lazy. I need to start working out or jogging to be able to continue my sport and my life all together ! ITs about time I think !
                              "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

Working...
                              X