Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't the Trump technique and Set-up now the Textbook Standard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    Cheers. I enjoy your posts as well and although I don't always agree, it's good for me to be challenged in thought by others, that's how we learn. What is kutgw or shouldn't I ask? lol
    Keep up the good work
    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
      Keep up the good work
      Cheers for that, nice to get a bit of support. But this is the main man they should be talking about, not me, here's Judd:
      https://youtu.be/MXxk8tBnuP0
      Last edited by Master Blaster; 14 May 2015, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Your video next?

Thought not.....
        #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Let's be polite now dear boy.

Comment

LOL! I'm waiting to see your one arm screw shot mate, should be a good un.
            Blaster, welcome back to the forum,,, I saw this thread and your post^^ to adr 147.
            I know Andrew for a few years on this forum and I deal with him when I need something. In recent years, I have never seen Andrew talking about his qualities in snooker or claim something.
            IMO, he has respect for other members and sometimes disagree with other members.( after al,, this is a forum).
            MB, this is a forum, you have the right to express your opinion. but you might want to consider to think about what you re saying. Am I the holy man here who never make mistakes ?? absolutely not. I'm just as human as you are,bud !!
            believe it or not, there are enough members here who know enough about snooker and cues. ADR is one of them.
            do'nt get me wrong , i do'nt mean you have no right to express your opinion !! absolutely not.
            Also do'nt write this post to back up ADR or other members ? absolutely not. they are adult enough to talk for themselves.
            All I ask is. you might wanna consider taking time and show sum patience to get knowing this guys better !!
            There re many old thread here on this forum. if you read them , you gonna love this forum and the way this guys looking at the game of snooker.
            Anyway,,, I'm asking you as a fl member of this forum and hope you take this in consideration !!
            Non of my bussines , but, this forum is a great community and I hope u can enjoy of it as any other member !!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
              Blaster, welcome back to the forum,,, I saw this thread and your post^^ to adr 147.
              I know Andrew for a few years on this forum and I deal with him when I need something. In recent years, I have never seen Andrew talking about his qualities in snooker or claim something.
              IMO, he has respect for other members and sometimes disagree with other members.( after al,, this is a forum).
              MB, this is a forum, you have the right to express your opinion. but you might want to consider to think about what you re saying. Am I the holy man here who never make mistakes ?? absolutely not. I'm just as human as you are,bud !!
              believe it or not, there are enough members here who know enough about snooker and cues. ADR is one of them.
              do'nt get me wrong , i do'nt mean you have no right to express your opinion !! absolutely not.
              Also do'nt write this post to back up ADR or other members ? absolutely not. they are adult enough to talk for themselves.
              All I ask is. you might wanna consider taking time and show sum patience to get knowing this guys better !!
              There re many old thread here on this forum. if you read them , you gonna love this forum and the way this guys looking at the game of snooker.
              Anyway,,, I'm asking you as a fl member of this forum and hope you take this in consideration !!
              Non of my bussines , but, this forum is a great community and I hope u can enjoy of it as any other member !!
              that's a very nice posting Ramon ... MB wasn't being rude to ADR147 - MB posted a video of an off-straight screw back of around 18ft and ADR147 replied implying that he could do the same one-handed so MB replied as you've quoted that (to rephrase) he was looking forward to seeing it ... no insults, no rudeness by either poster, just a perfectly reasonable bit of banter ...

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                that's a very nice posting Ramon ... MB wasn't being rude to ADR147 - MB posted a video of an off-straight screw back of around 18ft and ADR147 replied implying that he could do the same one-handed so MB replied as you've quoted that (to rephrase) he was looking forward to seeing it ... no insults, no rudeness by either poster, just a perfectly reasonable bit of banter ...
                thanks for the clarification Dandy !!! I must been certainly missed that part ( sorry about that ). And I did'nt mean that MB was Rud ,btw !! To be honest, I do 'nt know why ADR has said that. maybe he said that because he did 'nt agree with MB !! or it was intended as a bit humor !!
                my point was and IS , I can see that MB feels attacked by other members and imo the main reason of that is lack of knowledge about other members ( Or sum of them , in this case ).
                I just hope while he express his opinion ( which is his right to do so) , he give himself a bit more time about this matter !! Imo, is nothing wrong with that !!
                Anyway ,, that would be his choice !!!
                This is a great forum , so let us hope every one can enjoy of it and learn something !!

Comment

ANYWAY! This is about TRUMP.

TRUMP!
                  TRUMP!

NOT MB!

Say summat about Judd for heaven's sake.
                  I did mention Trump quite a lot in my post on this thread, something about how he offsets his address to accomodate his delivery stroke, something that you yourself dispute as you haven't noticed it despite knowing all about the position of his feet, his shoulders, arms even the muscles in his back.
                  Watch a straight on view of him playing a shot and you will see his right side address of the cue ball and centre ball delivery stroke, it's there, it's not something I've made up.

As for your video demonstrations of your cue power, Jesus wept man, put some distance between the cue ball and object ball and show us some real power, and tell that bloke who's out of shot to stop throwing the cue ball back down the table

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                    I did mention Trump quite a lot in my post on this thread, something about how he offsets his address to accomodate his delivery stroke, something that you yourself dispute as you haven't noticed it despite knowing all about the position of his feet, his shoulders, arms even the muscles in his back.
                    Watch a straight on view of him playing a shot and you will see his right side address of the cue ball and centre ball delivery stroke, it's there, it's not something I've made up.

As for your video demonstrations of your cue power, Jesus wept man, put some distance between the cue ball and object ball and show us some real power, and tell that bloke who's out of shot to stop throwing the cue ball back down the table
                    Agree ,, is exactly what Trump does !!! Strange techniqe IMO !!!

Comment

• 3,900 views, ten pages of replies. It's the Blaster turnin it over!

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post

I don't remember mentioning offset address but hey ho. Yes, he does do this, to make plenty of room under the chest for freedom of delivery. He plants his anchor foot firm and the other foot is planted forward to give him the freedom under the chest. Which is fine when it works, in fact it's great. As for shots in videos, all real, every one. The 5 cushion stun isn't too difficult with the Judd set-up, HONEST! Hendry was asked on the beeb by one of the pundits about Judd's set-up years back when he started appearing on tv (can't find a video) and Hendry said Judd should just carry on playing with his own set-up and game. Personally, I think he needs to have a chat with Reardon (or similar), as Ronnie did. He's brilliant but he lost to Bingo and probably lost a WC by pushing the boat out when he wasn't as precise as his previoius match. He gave Bingo so much table time and frames using this approach. He needs a proper plan B.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                          Agree ,, is exactly what Trump does !!! Strange techniqe IMO !!!
                          Does he have a coach?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                            Does he have a coach?
                            You offering

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                              You offering
                              LOL mate. Erm, I don't think he'd listen to me or many other coaches but he really needs to speak to someone. All the club boys in the Crucicle gallery hollering for you won't get you over the line if you leave Bingo plumb after the wrong shot in a dozen frames or so. What say you?

Wiki says Tony Chappel coached him for a while. http://www.stblazeydistrictsnooker.c.../tony-chappel/

Check this out:
                              http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/13124151

Half way down Judd says money spent on coaching is not a wise thing. OMG! Don't let Terry Davidson know, he'll be phoning him.
                              Last edited by Master Blaster; 15 May 2015, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• Why isn't the Trump technique and Set-up now the Textbook Standard?

if trump needs a coach, it's for the mental side of things. That said, he does have a tendency to lose centre ball on crucial shots.

Comment

Working...
                                X