Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't the Trump technique and Set-up now the Textbook Standard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
    or watch it in a mirror
    That qualifies as Technical wizzardry.

--------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• I am right a handed player with a left eye dominant, I had a squarer stance when I started playing my left foot was only slightly forward of my right, however it didn't suite me and I was getting pain in my knees.

I now have a wide boxer stance similar to the Judd stance but for a right handed player. I find that it can be inconsistent from time to time in particular on long pots.

I have to really concentrate because its quite easy to go off line . when it works its great but when it doesn't its like its the first time you've picked up a cue.

I'm battling to get some consistency , slowly getting there but its hard work

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
        Byrom - tries changing set up as he plays diary.

Day 1.

I Try Mark Williams set up - Wake up at half past one, forget to shave stick joggers on shortly before wife throws me out house - climb into car goes to snooker club using Judd Trump setup - get out car turn off gangster rap music walks to the club in my dodgy spikes - go to bar with friends using Stephen Hendry set up - avoid buying anyone a round, go to snooker table turn into Neil Robertson pot a long ball walks around table five miles pot another go toilet 5 times - turns into Mark Allen nips to KFC and Mcdonalds on way back to table - use Sean Murphy Set up have a laugh argue with myself walk around the table own it own it strike a pose - miss a few, walk off using the Mathew Selt set up making a few quid I start selling a few dodgy video recorders and fake fags imported from India to the crowd before a quick look at my fake Rolex starts me contemplating getting my golf clubs out - but then I turn using the Marco Fu setup and now I don't give out a single sign of weakness or emotion as I sit down and wait for my next turn - occasionally doing a Michael Holt I jump up thump someone pot a few better than anyone on the planet before my head totally goes 30 seconds later but realise the other guy is still at the table so turn into Peter Ebdon and patiently sit down and meditate waiting for your shot influencing and healing everyone around me whilst researching acupuncture, Ti chi, levitation and drinking my own pee to help my game improve at the age of 80 - suddenly the other guy misses and leaves me in the balls but I am to weak with a lack of meat to get up and play so I just switch set up and turn into Ronnie I jump up and start clearing up but its not clicked, something not right its not going well something's wrong so I find random excuses whilst bumping into the ref moaning about my shoes the camera man the guy in the third row back from the left in a yellow shirt. I need to slow my game up play safe so turn to using Rod Lawlor set up -

Let you know how game finishes up in another week or so.

6.0 6.0 6.0 6.0 6.0 6.0 6.0 6.0 6.0
        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
          I did not say JT addresses to the R of the delivery stroke. He can hit centre ball as well as anyone, he simply uses his R eye.
          No you didn't originally say it, I did, read below.

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
          The trump technique is exclusive to him in the pro ranks as he addresses the cue ball right of centre and strikes centre on the delivery stroke. I noticed during the WSC that when he plays the reverse screw shot with left hand side he addresses centre ball and strikes left of centre on the delivery stroke.
          Then you disagreed with me, read below

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
          I believe Judd cues very centre ball when he wants to. I'm not aware of him flicking his wrist so maybe you can provide a video to show this?
          Then I posted this, read below

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
          Watch a straight on view of him playing a shot and you will see his right side address of the cue ball and centre ball delivery stroke, it's there, it's not something I've made up.
          Then you posted this (read below) and made up your own mind the reason why he does.

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
          I don't remember mentioning offset address but hey ho. Yes, he does do this, to make plenty of room under the chest for freedom of delivery. He plants his anchor foot firm and the other foot is planted forward to give him the freedom under the chest.
          And if you read the first quote of yours in this post you contradict yourself, and not for the first time.

it's all about you isn't it, the only reason you're on this forum :bull_head:

Comment

• VMax, just look at the video, go interpret it as you wish and try the Trump set-up. I can't be bothered with ad infinitum disagreements, it ain't contract court. When you've tried the set-up, it will be all about you and Judd (not me). Folk have made this thread about MB and I'm sad that's the case as it really should be about the greatest cueman of this age. The thread is about Judd's technique not mine (as it was before I took on the JT set-up), if you wish to try it and report, that would be great. Snooker is a doing, experiential thing, there will be no point discussing this unless folk have a go. Here's the video again:

Last edited by Master Blaster; 21 May 2015, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• JT does what vmax says. One of the reasons he can play crap for long periods. Remember the final he forced the decider with Ron last season. He was nervous and tried to control his complicated delivery while Ron was rolling them in nice and straight. Then where there wasnt anything to loose any more he finally relaxed and it fallen into place. He played extremally well to force the deciding frame. As vmax once said he usually has trouble with slow shots, doesnt compensate enought and on time. East to see alll that if you ever watched a match properly instead of being with one eye on TSF talking silly.:-)

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                I am right a handed player with a left eye dominant, I had a squarer stance when I started playing my left foot was only slightly forward of my right, however it didn't suite me and I was getting pain in my knees.

I now have a wide boxer stance similar to the Judd stance but for a right handed player. I find that it can be inconsistent from time to time in particular on long pots.

I have to really concentrate because its quite easy to go off line . when it works its great but when it doesn't its like its the first time you've picked up a cue.

I'm battling to get some consistency , slowly getting there but its hard work
                That's great to hear mate, someone who is actually trying something similar to JT not just mocking him or arguing about silly points about what he does. Did you try this set-up with your right foot on the shot line, not pointing out? I found that this aligns the body and head better leading to more accuracy and a small increase in cue power. Let me know mate. Cheers.
                Last edited by Master Blaster; 21 May 2015, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• I tried it out yesterday and i started to cue much smoother with more accuracy
                  It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• I actually spoke to Judd Trump today. He said he doesn't like the Judd Trump technique and he'd cue more like Shaun Murphy if he could.
                    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                      I actually spoke to Judd Trump today. He said he doesn't like the Judd Trump technique and he'd cue more like Shaun Murphy if he could.
                      That wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                        I tried it out yesterday and i started to cue much smoother with more accuracy
                        Alabadi is using a version, you like it and I love it. 3 out of 3 positive impressions from those trying it. :biggrin-new:

Comment

• Can we not just like - be Judd Trump - imagine

Fast cars hot women and the buzz of smashing them in on the table.

I'd be the next Alex Higgins/Jimmy White - blown out by 30. Don't know how he avoids it really - I think he has some sense in there more admirable than anything else really.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                            Can we not just like - be Judd Trump - imagine

Fast cars hot women and the buzz of smashing them in on the table.

I'd be the next Alex Higgins/Jimmy White - blown out by 30. Don't know how he avoids it really - I think he has some sense in there more admirable than anything else really.
                            He's got a bit more going on upstairs, good family, a nicer upbringing. Belfast's streets aren't easy. I found NYC easier. Anyway, did you try the JT method? Did you, did you, did you!?
                            Last edited by Master Blaster; 21 May 2015, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• where were you that you managed a chatt with judd?

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                              I actually spoke to Judd Trump today. He said he doesn't like the Judd Trump technique and he'd cue more like Shaun Murphy if he could.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                                where were you that you managed a chatt with judd?
                                Well, I didn't actually fully chat to him. Or speak to him at all, or even see him or meet him at all. But I'm sure that's what he'd say though.
                                WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                                Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X