Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't the Trump technique and Set-up now the Textbook Standard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't play much. I do think I'm decent for the amount that I do. I can't afford to learn over time through trial and error. Tried that, years of little progress - I'm not a natural. I made headway when I started to try to establish solid basics. For me an understanding of what the objective was and how to achieve it, helps me progress faster than I otherwise would. The coaching stuff I linked to isn't prescriptive, but it did help my understanding of what, and why, and how to incorporate that with personal characteristics. As I've said, I haven't even nailed the basics, but my game improved. It won't suit everyone.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
        I don't play much. I do think I'm decent for the amount that I do. I can't afford to learn over time through trial and error. Tried that, years of little progress - I'm not a natural. I made headway when I started to try to establish solid basics. For me an understanding of what the objective was and how to achieve it, helps me progress faster than I otherwise would. The coaching stuff I linked to isn't prescriptive, but it did help my understanding of what, and why, and how to incorporate that with personal characteristics. As I've said, I haven't even nailed the basics, but my game improved. It won't suit everyone.
        I think both you and Mikey are on a good road. You're trying in your own ways to change this and that to improve and progress in the game, that's what the game is about. What it's not about is a 3rd rate amateur comedian linking inane youtube videos! lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
          I think both you and Mikey are on a good road. You're trying in your own ways to change this and that to improve and progress in the game, that's what the game is about. What it's not about is a 3rd rate amateur comedian linking inane youtube videos! lol
          second rate if you don't mind

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
            second rate if you don't mind
            Instead of posting b***** videos my dear friend (and I do like you btw, you are growing on me like moss so I must be a rock) give them some advice. I know you can play well so crack on!
            Last edited by Master Blaster; 9 June 2015, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Only 9 more posts and its a thousand mb, thats an awful lot of ( insert word)

Comment

• 1000 posts is practically a fence, that's a lot of (air dried) wood.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                  1000 posts is practically a fence, that's a lot of (air dried) wood.
                  Hahahaha! Good one boys. My fence posts are tanalised kiln wood and they haven't lasted nearly as long as ...........................(insert word).

Comment

• A murry mint

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                      A murry mint
                      Yeah, now the air-dried stuff outside made from oak, that's been there 160 years and counting. Like the railway sleepers of years ago. Like my oak doors, like every piece of angel ash. Poetic truth.

Comment

• They used to steal railway sleepers htf did they do that?

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                          They used to steal railway sleepers htf did they do that?
                          Steel? I've never seen those but I don't live oop north. Sheffield is famous for steel I guess.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                            Yep the blaster has many similarities to tetricky & mickeyd100 and I wouldn't really put nothing past him. I know the forum is open to the world fair enough but 2 new posters piping up on the same threads posting frequently is a kind of a long shot IMHO.
                            Last edited by Leo; 10 June 2015, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• Yep he be a busy bunny

Comment

• Oh dear, I give you my word, for what its worth on the internet, that I've only joined a few days ago and I DO NOT know Master Blaster or Tetricky.
                                They have both give me some tips and have politely replied to some questions / posts I've made etc.... No conspiracy here at all.

Anyways .... hope you are well and potting them balls like a Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X