Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
    We all try little tweaks to our set up

What are the best bits of advice you heard of that helped your own game? - What is the best advice you heard on here or anywhere else and why did it help what did it cure?
    1. Go see a coach
    2. Try the Judd, Robbo and Smurf set-ups
    3. Go see a coach
    4. Try the Ronnie set-up with elbow drop
    5. Go see a coach

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
      1. Go see a coach
      2. Try the Judd, Robbo and Smurf set-ups
      3. Go see a coach
      4. Try the Ronnie set-up with elbow drop
      5. Go see a coach
      I've never seen a coach in my life, all self taught through years of practice.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
        I've never seen a coach in my life, all self taught through years of practice.
        You've never hit a ton either. Whereas Bingo has had a lot of coaching, improves dramatically and wins a World Title. Who was wisest?

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
          You've never hit a ton either. Whereas Bingo has had a lot of coaching, improves dramatically and wins a World Title. Who was wisest?
          Hit my first ton 22 yrs ago you fruit.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
            Hit my first ton 22 yrs ago you fruit.
            You were asleep at the time.

Comment

Had my first 35 odd years ago with bonzolines, no coaches, no fast cloths, no rubbers on the pockets, no fancy tips, no table heaters, and no ********s who think they know it all

Comment

Best advice I was told from my coach has to be the elbow drop (for players with longer strokes) and chest pressure to keep the cue straight during the follow through.

Comment

concentrate on every shot no matter how easy...
                  I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

"Where do I want the white?"

Only thought worth having.

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                      "Where do I want the white?"

Only thought worth having.
                      I'm still at 'try to make sure that you pot the ball'. It's a worthwhile thought for me!

Comment

Can't fault you, I still have days like that

Comment

Plain ball is a good shot to play. A friend is using it more these days. It should be used as often as poss, it uncomplicates a shot and it makes you practice hitting dead centre with dead straight delivery. I know a pool player who puts side on everything, loads of it. He says look at that to me and I'm like dude, the table is less than 6 feet, the cue ball didn't even need swinging. Sometimes you don't need side, learn to play up and down the centre of the cue ball first, to be able to pot every shot.

Comment

and...........
                            Never listen to a coach on TSF, Byrom says so! lol

Comment

Plenty online, none in person.
                              Unfortunately, in person all I ever had was unsolicited advices that messes with your head. I takes some effort to block that out.

Comment

I asked Martin Gould for some advice . . . he suggested I try darts.
                                My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                                I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Working...
                                X