No announcement yet.

can't cue straight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And alex also didn't play on superfast cloths so they needed wellying,bit fed up of hearing how powerful trump is, lots of players can wack it if they want

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
      obviously i am not blessed with power as Judd and Robertson are , who is...lol. however i can generate quite a lot of spin. i have had a few videos posted on here potting long blues of the spot from the baulk line and screwing back into the yellow pocket.

i naturally have a an elbow drop , its not as predominant as Ronnie but i do drop it a bit, i find its all about timing, when i get it right i can get loads of action, so i would say it works for me as long as i keep the focus.
      Thought so, well, second finger goes nicely with elbow drop.

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
        And alex also didn't play on superfast cloths so they needed wellying,bit fed up of hearing how powerful trump is, lots of players can wack it if they want
        Golf my friend! What I would say is that Jimmy et al. were generating terrific cue ball pace on the same cloths. It's not about whacking it. Whacking it is hitting the ball hard and generating no additional pace on the CB. Hitting the ball harder and getting through it is cue power and it's a tool which every player can appreciate, so many more options on the table if you have it. What Judd, Neil and Smurf have over and above power are accuracy, long ball potting. That's why I'm interested in their techniques, grips, stance, etc. Ronnie is interesting as well, it's a much more relaxed and comfortable set-up and technique he has and this shows in the balls, lovely touch. Each to their own!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
          Feeling for ya. Do you also flick the wrist on the way through to impart spin?
          At a guess I'd say yes
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
            Never heard of this on before - kind of a bad nervous twitch this moving the thumb over the cue at the end of delivery - but a cure might be to hold with the first finger first and the thumb behind making a circle then open/loosen the remaining fingers on the back swing - because the first finger is over the thumb it will stop it coming up off the cue-
            If this cures it as always with grip issues I recommend getting a natural feel for this quicker by practising it away from the table for example when driving the car hold the steering wheel this way - takes time but is the only way unless you have the luxury of being able to spend 8 hours a day every day on the table.

I also think you have a mental issue you need to get over with regards the fear of missing - not being completely set on the shot in your own mind - Nik Barrow has actually done some interesting work on this subject you might care to read.
            Cheers I'll have a look for that

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
              as much as its good to hear success from nice players improving its always a welcome chuckle to listen to the cant break through players sharing their frustrations an how their slappin their cue on the head bone on easy shots
              Please remind me of all the professional titles you have won Jason

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                At a guess I'd say yes
                I know a chap who has this action when he breaks at pool. He flick the wrist and in doing so, the thumb comes up as well. His pool break is nice but the technique is not to be recommended. Just make a conscious effort to keep the ring grip stable throughout and the thumb relaxed, it should play no part in the shot so the coaches say.

Comment

• no matter how good you are or think you are, we all go through bad times with this maddening game.. good news is, if your dedicated and you aply yoursef properly you can improve
                  breath an believe

Comment

no matter how good you are or think you are, we all go through bad times with this maddening game.. good news is, if your dedicated and you aply yoursef properly you can improve
                    breath an believe
                    No-one has worked harder on this game than Bingo. He had trouble cueing across the ball! This should give all players the will and confidence to iron out problems and improve. Coaching on technique and mind is powerful stuff.
                    Last edited by Master Blaster; 29 July 2015, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                      No-one has worked harder on this game than Bingo. This should give all players the will and confidence to iron out problems and improve. Coaching on technique and mind is powerful stuff.
                      every time i was at prestatyn bing was there, mixing, chating on the bubble. but when he hit the table it was 110, an that was only 8yrs ago
                      proper player

Comment

• sorry to interrupt the convo guys but here are some vids that i took a couple of weeks ago from the back showing my delivery:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLf8bTJUH4Y
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtRXWyjhBSQ
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k_J-EC02Vw

these videos were taken before i changed to a "cue snug against index/thumb" snooker grip.someone on this thread told me that my grip is a little off & that i need to adopt a grip more into the palm of my hand.could this be the reason for my wrist turning to the right during feathering/delivery?and if so,how can i adopt a grip more into my palm?i maybe way off on this one but it was just an idea that came to mind.let me know if you have any other ideas about what's causing this
                        Last edited by kflps; 29 July 2015, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• here you go man

try playing in some pool comps an take it from there. so you can note the things that your doing when the pressure comes on

Comment

here you go man

try playing in some pool comps an take it from there. so you can note the things that your doing when the pressure comes on
                            ahahaha i'm never going to change to a pool technique,when i try it i shoot all over the place.

Comment

• Originally Posted by kflps View Post
                              ahahaha i'm never going to change to a pool technique,when i try it i shoot all over the place.
                              haha, you never wanna be square to the table, what a load of bull ****. No wonder these clowns have no accuracy and cue power. Pool for y'all moms and pops. Damn!

Comment

• you play pool but you wanna snooker technique, i think your missing something. you might wanna hit the road an surround yourself with good pool players, just to open things up a bit

Comment

Working...
                                X