Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Point of Aim is made b4 or after you getting down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point of Aim is made b4 or after you getting down?

Hello,

sry about my poor english

I'v been playing 9 or 8-ball for many years, now I switched to playing snooker (2007 world champion and I found snooker is more interesting to play)

In the past years of my play, I usually getting down first, and make a line from the pocket to the object ball, virtually put a ball on the extended of this line next to the object ball....last, hit the white to pass this virtual ball.

But recently, I'v been told I should have the point of aim made by using "rails" or other technque before I getting down.. after I get down, just focus this point and shot..

any suggestions ? thanks

I think your "virtual ball" technique is used by most players, but I would suggest you imagine this ball before you get down and then just focus on it...Cause I also think that figuring out the right angle on 9ft is a different story than on 12ft one...

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is I cannot remember the accuracy position of the visualized ball after I get down

probly I need tons of hours to practice ?

Comment

I'll tell you what I do but there will be people who know better than me!
        I don't go in for virtual ball.
        Line up first!
        First stand behind object ball in line with pocket; look at ball then pocket then ball.
        Then stand behind white back foot in line with shot.
        Look object ball pocket object ball.
        Address the white point cue at where you want to hit white, look at object ball shoot.

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford
          Line up first!
          First stand behind object ball in line with pocket; look at ball then pocket then ball.
          I wish it was that easy!
          Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford
            I'll tell you what I do but there will be people who know better than me!
            I don't go in for virtual ball.
            Line up first!
            Address the white point cue at where you want to hit white, look at object ball shoot.

Thanks for you reply.

So basicly, you stand in 2 different positions to determine the "rail point" you hit?

stand A first, then go to B, then shoot? but how u find out AIM P ? or did I miss something?

http://nightkids.tilock.com/snooker1.gif

Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by RaNeN
              I wish it was that easy!
              It is that easy

Comment

Staryang!
                I think yes you look from two positions.
                I'm not sure what you mean by rail point.
                Point P comes from practice, trial and error mate. After a bit of practce they fly in like without thinking where do I hit the object ball!
                Remember this is just what I do I'm not a coach!

Comment

Working...
                X