Smooth cue action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smooth cue action

Hi all, quick question. I am a consistent 40+ break builder but some days my cue action feels sticky and not smooth and I feel I am going to miss simple shots, others days it is loose and free flowing and I can pot for fun. Very frustrating and I can't seem to work why it differs so much.

to be honest , i think this is a problem of many players : To be consistent !!
    I'm not a coach , but i know for sure is not always ur technique. Sometimes a bad night sleep is enough to disturb your concentration!!
    even your work. If you've had a bad day at work with lots of problems and you're gonna to play on the same day.. is gonna be difficult to play with a clear mind!!!
    Which is one of the reasons that pros are more consistent compared to amateurs, they do nothing else ... playing snooker is their work and life.
    of crs, that's what the word pro means!! someone who exercises a sport as his work !!!
    anyway ,,, hope u get sum better advice here and goodluk !!

Comment

Check out Nic Barrow's videos on youtube and look for the one that teaches the smooth cue delivery
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Ramon's post is right on the money.

Comment

Originally Posted by Burnpark View Post
          Hi all, quick question. I am a consistent 40+ break builder but some days my cue action feels sticky and not smooth and I feel I am going to miss simple shots, others days it is loose and free flowing and I can pot for fun. Very frustrating and I can't seem to work why it differs so much.
          When you have a good day try and notice how your fingers and cue hand feels. I bet you hardly feel anything at all. When we cue great it's effortless and no struggle. When we struggle we try and apply more pressure, deliberately open the hand even more or grip tighter and we feel it. We feel a lot in our cue hand muscles because we are consciously trying to cue harder. When we cue great we cue with an open grip and the fingers open and close smoothly, this is what drives the cue smoothly. If we open and close our fingers abruptly, we cue abruptly.
          Last edited by Master Blaster; 2 July 2015, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X