slap in the face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slap in the face

Was watching mythbusters and they tested the myth that a slap in the face can get you back to your senses. It seemed to work for them so i thought i'd try it in snooker when feeling sluggish and unable to concentrate.
    What methods do you guys employ to snap out of it when not playing well?

Comment

N hum a tune to myself

Comment

I'm more of a happy player - cant play if annoyed - I just get worse - some players do get emotional slapping their cues down banging table and other naughty tricks - or perhaps this is just their way to inspire themselves - if it works it works I suppose. I find all that nonsense a bit disrespectful to the other guy and much prefer to smile or laugh it off to get it back in the swing quicker.

Slapping yourself is a downward spiral I think see here

Last edited by Byrom; 10 July 2015, 05:15 PM.

Comment

I start talking to myself out loud,generally in a derogatory manor
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
            I'm more of a happy player - cant play if annoyed - I just get worse - some players do get emotional slapping their cues down banging table and other naughty tricks - or perhaps this is just their way to inspire themselves - if it works it works I suppose. I find all that nonsense a bit disrespectful to the other guy and much prefer to smile or laugh it off to get it back in the swing quicker.

Slapping yourself is a downward spiral I think see here

Hahaha,,, this guy Drago is crazy !!!!

Comment

Sorry. I don't mean slap yourself while at the table but to go to the gents, wash your face and slap yourself there. I think the idea is that if the slap is hard enough it will get the adrenaline flowing

Comment

Originally Posted by Rahal View Post
                Sorry. I don't mean slap yourself while at the table but to go to the gents, wash your face and slap yourself there. I think the idea is that if the slap is hard enough it will get the adrenaline flowing

Slap yourself hard in the toilet

Last edited by Byrom; 11 July 2015, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Good question:
                  -Lee 'The Shirt' Richardson used to wiggle his head from side to side.
                  -Imagine you are wearing Batman's cape and that it can't touch your back (so you have to walk and turn with great showmanship!)
                  -Head up/ chest out.
                  -Contemplate ONLY on what you want to happen eg balls going in
                  -Playing quicker for the next 5 shots.
                  -Chalk the cue with the other hand for 5 shots.
                  -Stay down on the shot 2 seconds longer for the whole frame.
                  -Be more defensive than usual
                  -Be more aggressive than usual
                  Improving Your Game, From Every Angle: The Snooker Gym

Comment

Originally Posted by Nic Barrow View Post
                    Good question:
                    -Imagine you are wearing Batman's cape and that it can't touch your back (so you have to walk and turn with great showmanship!)
                    -Head up/ chest out.
                    And sing Prince's 'Let's Go Crazy' in your head. lol

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/7706458/..._Lets_Go_Crazy

Comment

Originally Posted by Nic Barrow View Post
                      Good question:
                      -Head up/ chest out.
                      Holy snoker ploy Nic -The Batman one made me laugh - just wondered though - would this still work if the guy you play is ROBIN you in every frame?

Comment

I wonder, does the color of player's dress makes any diff !!! wearing red vest, just like Shaun Murphy did during last WCS !! I mean we re talking about Sumthing he can see all the time during the match , so that could be effect the mental state of his mind in a Positive Or Negative way !!

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                          Holy snoker ploy Nic -The Batman one made me laugh - just wondered though - would this still work if the guy you play is ROBIN you in every frame?
                          Always play a joker then.

Comment

Working...
                          X