Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it
    Use of baby finger thanxxx
    But what about speed control from this technique...?
    Is it precise...?

Comment

Originally Posted by Rudraksh View Post
      I am at the club and tried what you said terry but when switch to last 3 finger at final delivery it miscues
      That means you must be dropping your elbow before the strike or else still over-gripping the cue. Don't take this as the gospel but a lot of good players do it. You could try making the second finger the main grip on the cue but ensure you leave the back 2 fingers loose. If you look at Ronnie you will see his forefinger is up at his address position.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Got it
        Use of baby finger thanxxx
        But what about speed control from this technique...?
        Is it precise...?
        That is totally up to you but it will take a bit of getting used to. Does it prevent you turning your wrist? If it does then it's a good think for you to use and get used to. If you are still turning the wrist then what you have to do is practice slowly cueing along the baulkline and ensuring your cue stays the same, i.e. - watch the chevrons or grain near the tip and learn just where you start to turn the cue and concentrate on keeping the wrist stable throughout the backswing and delivery.

Any change in the angle of the wrist will result in you taking the cue off-line.
        Terry Davidson

Comment

Grip must be firm but not tight, open the fingers on the backswing and on completion of the stroke the hand must close, that is on completion of the stroke NOT on the strike, this is where a lot of problems occur. On the strike the grip must still be open, so at address have the grip a bit open so that when the cue returns to that position the grip is closing but hasn't completely closed, have a look at Barry Hawkins.

Comment

But for me closing is working
            With the last fingers gripping at end it gets cue straight and no twist in grip...
            I will try what you said too tomorrow...
            Thanxx ...

Comment

But for me closing is working
              With the last fingers gripping at end it gets cue straight and no twist in grip...
              I will try what you said too tomorrow...
              Thanxx ...
              Well if the wrist is no longer twisting then all you have to do is practice with it to get your touch back. I suspect using this grip gives you more action on the cueball, like over-screwing or trying to stun a ball and actually screwing it back a bit.
              Terry Davidson

Comment

Reaction is seriously more but doesnt changes what i want to do
                Maybe because the table is not that much responsive

Comment

Just be a bit careful when Googling "wrist cock" - you may get some unsavoury results lol

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                    Just be a bit careful when Googling "wrist cock" - you may get some unsavoury results lol
                    It's true,I've just watched a golf demonstration it was terrible
                    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                      It's true,I've just watched a golf demonstration it was terrible
                      Lmao Geordie
                      I got directed to some self pleasure web page - swiftly shut down my browser haha... hope you are well mate

Comment

Trouble is about these threads especially on the coaching threads too is, and don't get me wrong it's great those who're giving advice but you have to remember there really isn't no right or wrong how to grip a cue, how to get down on the address position, etc etc, every player is different and what's right for you may not be right for them it all comes down to trial & error and address this accordingly.
                        I stand with both feet pointing outwards, use just my index finger in my grip with half my hand hanging off the cue, rarely hit the middle of the ball, and move my cue up and down slightly before hitting the ball yet if I gave this advice out to a novice I'd be shot down, so in theory I could say you are all wrong my way is right as it works for me but that would be silly as we are all different.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                          Trouble is about these threads especially on the coaching threads too is, and don't get me wrong it's great those who're giving advice but you have to remember there really isn't no right or wrong how to grip a cue, how to get down on the address position, etc etc, every player is different and what's right for you may not be right for them it all comes down to trial & error and address this accordingly.
                          I stand with both feet pointing outwards, use just my index finger in my grip with half my hand hanging off the cue, rarely hit the middle of the ball, and move my cue up and down slightly before hitting the ball yet if I gave this advice out to a novice I'd be shot down, so in theory I could say you are all wrong my way is right as it works for me but that would be silly as we are all different.
                          trolling again, Leo lol almost as bad as MikeyD errr 3000up errrr MasturBator

in fairness to the OP, I had a similar problem and, back then, I didn't know I was nipping the cue on the final part of the delivery causing me to twist my wrist - caused me to become way less accurate on long shots and screws became more of a stun.

But I do agree, there isn't one way to cue - otherwise we'd all adopt the best way and suddenly become J6 knocking in back to back tons and max's
                          #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                            trolling again, Leo lol almost as bad as MikeyD errr 3000up errrr MasturBator

in fairness to the OP, I had a similar problem and, back then, I didn't know I was nipping the cue on the final part of the delivery causing me to twist my wrist - caused me to become way less accurate on long shots and screws became more of a stun.

But I do agree, there isn't one way to cue - otherwise we'd all adopt the best way and suddenly become J6 knocking in back to back tons and max's
                            I think these day I'd be classed as a troll whether it's my own opinion or I agree with another poster, you only have to look at the threads where J6, VMAX and Terry Davison are in to realise they are all at each other's toes because they all believe individually their way is right no matter what because it works for them.

Comment

I googled for the wrist cock and the best i got was a post from this site where terry explained it...
                              I dont cock my wrist to the right
                              And yes you are right in saying everyone is different but these things that terry said are essential for alignment i think...
                              And its working for me

Comment

when you guys open the back of the hand on the backswing, are you conscious about this or should this happen automatically without having to think about this?

Comment

Working...
                                X