cueing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
    Three and a half years of lurking, that's some impressive lurking right there (taps the table)
    *acknowledges and goes for comfort break*

Comment

with regards to the original question on cueing, anybody uses things like fixed constants when cueing? supposedly you have 1 cue action that delivers the cue straight down the line. This cue action will then have a few constants, one of the most impt being the grip ending up in a certain position (e.g. hitting that same spot on the chest). Do you all then try to ensure all these constants are met in every shot? for me, these are the same constants. no movement/rotation on grip during pull back and delivery, no dropping of elbow (trying hard not to drop!) and push through down the centre of the chin. there are a few other things i look out for but they tend to feel different on certain types of shots (e.g. over cushion, elevated bridge, shots where i need to stretch along the cushion...) so i am still working on those yet. But i assume with the few constants that i have, if I am bang on every shot achieving these constants, then the delivery would be straight all the time. if I am missing, means i am not doing something right with these constants.

not sure if anyone shares my view...im really struggling to find consistency and this is the next best thing I can somehow associate consistency with. and not surprisingly, it does work on most occasions. but only only plain centre ball striking. on screws and top spin, i feel something is going wrong because i would miss the ball slightly off centre.... any feedback or suggestions?

Comment

Originally Posted by tomlimcj View Post
        with regards to the original question on cueing, anybody uses things like fixed constants when cueing? supposedly you have 1 cue action that delivers the cue straight down the line. This cue action will then have a few constants, one of the most impt being the grip ending up in a certain position (e.g. hitting that same spot on the chest). Do you all then try to ensure all these constants are met in every shot? for me, these are the same constants. no movement/rotation on grip during pull back and delivery, no dropping of elbow (trying hard not to drop!) and push through down the centre of the chin. there are a few other things i look out for but they tend to feel different on certain types of shots (e.g. over cushion, elevated bridge, shots where i need to stretch along the cushion...) so i am still working on those yet. But i assume with the few constants that i have, if I am bang on every shot achieving these constants, then the delivery would be straight all the time. if I am missing, means i am not doing something right with these constants.

not sure if anyone shares my view...im really struggling to find consistency and this is the next best thing I can somehow associate consistency with. and not surprisingly, it does work on most occasions. but only only plain centre ball striking. on screws and top spin, i feel something is going wrong because i would miss the ball slightly off centre.... any feedback or suggestions?
        i find hitting the ball at the sameish pace can bring as you put it constants into your game an make for better timing. somthing im still struggling with for now

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
          i find hitting the ball at the sameish pace can bring as you put it constants into your game an make for better timing. somthing im still struggling with for now
          Good point, especially under pressure. I think a lot of us have a pace we like to hit the ball at especially when under pressure! Nice video by the way, table looks lovely.
          "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
            Nice video by the way, table looks lovely.
            thanks man but i might just be making it look good cus the tables really a junkies rug, an the owners a disgrace to this beautiful game. but no worries, ever the englich man im always on the up

Comment

Great stuff again J6. At least when people are fielding for you it's good to watch.
              WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
              Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
              --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I wonder how many of you find the following T break line up difficult?

5 reds on each side of the pink and another 5 between pink and black. I think this is one of J. White's favourite routines.

Comment

Originally Posted by lbs View Post
                  I wonder how many of you find the following T break line up difficult?

5 reds on each side of the pink and another 5 between pink and black. I think this is one of J. White's favourite routines.
                  not done that for a while, i remember it not being easy if you want to max it.. but for me i found it more useful in many ways if your going up for blue or baulk colors to clear the table

Comment

with jerry here in this video i hear many crossover technical insights for the snookerheads to enjoy, well worth a listen
                    he too dont like noodling when completing the shot

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                      Other players should also note the way j6 starts his delivery. It starts very slow and then accelerates all the way to the end. This avoids the jerkiness a player will have if he tries to accelerate rapidly right from the rear pause and also helps with not gripping the cue too tight during the delivery and before the strike
                      Geeeeez I am surprised you did not add my name to this quote Terry.... Great cueing, J6 I like the match box idea but can I order in metal so I can bolt it down.....I would be picking it off the floor......LMAO
                      " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                      " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                      http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

took my tuca training to the table today, felt unsteady, timing out, and i missed a few but its a start
                        Holly S:;t you not only talk the talk, you can actually play this game. You make the game look easy. Your cueing looks great. I like the long blue reaching half way up the table. I only wish. With my crooked arm I can hardly reach past the Pink....

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                          Holly S:;t you not only talk the talk, you can actually play this game. You make the game look easy. Your cueing looks great. I like the long blue reaching half way up the table. I only wish. With my crooked arm I can hardly reach past the Pink....
                          If I'm being a little critique I think he unnecessary go though the ball to much and easily lose simple position, I think the short game around the Reds might cause him problems, just my opinion so don't all jump on me like usual.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                            If I'm being a little critique I think he unnecessary go though the ball to much and easily lose simple position, I think the short game around the Reds might cause him problems, just my opinion so don't all jump on me like usual.
                            you might be on to something here though its not clear what you mean, any chance you puting a little vid up to make it clear what your on about?
                            Last edited by j6uk; 22 October 2015, 01:05 PM.

Comment

you might be on to something here though its not clear what you mean, any chance you puting a little vid up to make it clear what your on about?
                              I think what Leo is saying is you should get rid of that beautiful cue action and go to a short jabby cue action like mine.....

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                                I think what Leo is saying is you should get rid of that beautiful cue action and go to a short jabby cue action like mine.....
                                You have been listening to the wrong people far to long Les and you seem to hold these on a very high pedestal for some unknown reason. Without me getting another bashing from the heirachy I gave my advice Les and I'm well qualified to give this. That's enough form me.

Comment

Working...
                                X