X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikee
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Sad thing is pocket leathers don't really cost that much, why do so many clubs have the same leathers from 1809!!!!!!
    Yeah .they cost about 30 quid a set ,easy enough to do yourself or when the fitter comes ,they just can’t be arsed .

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Sad thing is pocket leathers don't really cost that much, why do so many clubs have the same leathers from 1809!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Starsky
    replied
    Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    One of the clubs occasionally I go to that is a few miles away ,the cloths are really fast now ,but that is due to them not being recovered ,there’s really no nap left ,the balls fly everywhere ,the pocket leathers are so far gone ,one table has cling film wrapped around them ,another has the pocket leathers painted with white emulsion
    That’s the problem with playing regularly on crap tables and then playing on good tables… you have to go back to your regular crap ones and it’s depressing . Old school lighting , rips in cloths and tables which haven’t been recovered in years

Leave a comment:

• mikee
    replied
    One of the clubs occasionally I go to that is a few miles away ,the cloths are really fast now ,but that is due to them not being recovered ,there’s really no nap left ,the balls fly everywhere ,the pocket leathers are so far gone ,one table has cling film wrapped around them ,another has the pocket leathers painted with white emulsion

Leave a comment:

• Starsky
    replied

They are beginning to slow up a fair bit tbh, they get ironed once a week and we brush and block each time we play but even so, they are already way slower than they were. I think it's probably time for a stretch but doubt the tight fisted club will pay and they aren't usually open to us lot chipping in to help! Old boy Network running the show
    Sounds about right … both for the cloth and the club

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

How are your clubs tables playing now the cloth has been on for a while CC ?
    They are beginning to slow up a fair bit tbh, they get ironed once a week and we brush and block each time we play but even so, they are already way slower than they were. I think it's probably time for a stretch but doubt the tight fisted club will pay and they aren't usually open to us lot chipping in to help! Old boy Network running the show

Leave a comment:

• Starsky
    replied
    I absolutely LOVE fast cloths!!
    How are your clubs tables playing now the cloth has been on for a while CC ?

Leave a comment:

• Danger Steve
    replied
    Not worn out fast cloths though! Give me a bit of grip.

Leave a comment:

• mikee
    replied
    Spot on
    Most people that have been playing to a reasonable standard or playing for years do ,it’s a no brainier

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Reini0100
    replied
    the faster cloth has advantage in easier positional play of the white but disadvantage in harder potting balls when you hit the ball off center. just a little bit off center hitting and you miss everything on a fast cloth like hainsworth match or strachan tournament. keep an eye on not doing any bodymovement when you strike the ball because this is the most reason you dont hit the white in the center. regards

Leave a comment:

• shmeeko69
    replied
    Originally Posted by JayUK9779 View Post
    There are probably some frailties in my game that I need to work on. My local club has reclothed 3 of it's tables and I have lost 4 matches on this spin and have been poor in everyone of them!

I feel like my cue timing is more suited to slower cloth tables. I seem to over hit a lot, miss slow speed shots and run out of position a lot! My long potting has gone a miss in a match situation ok in practice. Anyone else have this problem? Just feel like fast cloths the ball is skidding along and brings out inperfections compared to slow cloths. Lost 6-0 tonight wasn't good enough, never made a long pot all night and felt nervous a lot due to running out of position in the balls. I then Move to a slow cloth and I'm fine. Strange this for me would like to know if anyone has any views on this?
    You will get use to them as your mind adapts to how much punch you need to put through the cue with each shot. They'll also slow down as the cloths become worn

Leave a comment:

• bolton-cueman
    replied
    faster the better for me too...

Leave a comment:

• dcrackers147
    replied
    Faster the table the better for me. The balls split and dont have to hit a ball hard just feel the shot. If all tables had a fast cloth and decent cushions especially at comps I would still be travelling to play in them.

Leave a comment:

• JayUK9779
    replied
    Made a 36 break today had a 4 hour practice, wow my cue action has changed so much adjusting to the speed!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X