J6UK's TUCA... my first thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Cheers J, that's what I do, just checking. I also stay still at the end and check it again.
    yeah me too, not only to see the cue stopping straight on the line but also checking my balance,hips and overall setup. then do the same at home while i got the kettle on working with tuca

Comment

• Had my first 5mins with tuca tonite I feel it's not as easy is it looks and don't no if it's normal but I can feel it on my shoulder when I stop so would that be me making my shoulder stay in place or an I Just crazy
      Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

• Originally Posted by Snooker man Stevie View Post
        Had my first 5mins with tuca tonite I feel it's not as easy is it looks and don't no if it's normal but I can feel it on my shoulder when I stop so would that be me making my shoulder stay in place or an I Just crazy
        may just be tension. lighten up, make sure your on balance, and let your cue go from the elbow

Comment

Had my first 5mins with tuca tonite I feel it's not as easy is it looks and don't no if it's normal but I can feel it on my shoulder when I stop so would that be me making my shoulder stay in place or an I Just crazy
          Which shoulder Stevie, bridge hand,or grip hand?
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            Which shoulder Stevie, bridge hand,or grip hand?
            Grip handle mate an right handed
            Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
              may just be tension. lighten up, make sure your on balance, and let your cue go from the elbow

And a was not walking into and away after each
              Shot Jason I was trying just to cue in and out for a few shots so will try walk in to shot position and cue through and get up stand way then go agsin

Comment

unless theres a disability/medical issue it would be tension. can you upload a vid?

Comment

• Am a removal man Jason been doing it 13 years so a think just tension lol

Comment

• I have just been watching the video of Jason using the Tuca at #231 above and I spotted an interesting point. The back of Jason's cueing hand appears to be at about a 45 degree angle to the floor, i.e. slightly 'kicked-out'. When I look at my own hand whilst cueing, the back of my hand is a continuation of my forearm, i.e. straight down and about 90 degrees to the floor.

I wonder if I could play as well as Jason if I adopt his grip/method:biggrin-new:

By the way, I have the Tuca and am pretty good with it but it hasn't improved my potting as yet, maybe it's because I'm old and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be!

Comment

• Bluenose it won't improve your potting, it will improve your cueing, you can cue perfectly but if your on the wrong line or your not cueing up to the centre of the cue ball you will miss all the time. The baulk line test is good to see if your cues staying on line ( this video is well worth a watch,https://youtu.be/iq2S-0YQQV8) and the site rite is good to see if you are getting down on line( just make a home made one)
                      I have my hand cocked out slightly, this means my cue is directly below my forearm, so everything is in a line, if I make the back of my hand run straight down level with my wrist and forearm, my cue is then inside that line,I feel cocking it out also stops any inward rotation if that makes sense, but each to their own, I just feel if everything is in a straight line , it's easier to deliver it in a straight line.
                      I have just remembered I think I was told my thumb should be pointing directly down at the floor, this means your hand has to be cocked out.
                      Last edited by itsnoteasy; 2 November 2016, 09:40 PM.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Thank you itsnoteasy, very informative. I am playing later today and so will have a bit of an experiment.

Sorry, can you explain "site right" please.

Comment

• watch this vid and you will get the idea

https://youtu.be/JNLGgfrNavg

Comment

• Just get down the club and start knocking balls in... Do that for 2/3 days a week a few years and you'll get the hang of it.

Watch all the videos, take in all the tips and buy all the gear you like...

Without the hours on the table... it's all folly

Comment

• The ultimate cue action tuca trainer took a lot of time to develop, designed, created and constructed by me.
                              More mastered cue action trainers to come..

Thanks for your support.

Comment

Working...
                              X