No announcement yet.

CTE in snooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would mention one thing , when the guy had a pot to the right he lines up centre of cue ball to left edge of OB. That's half ball in snooker, (in his example it's more like 3/4 ball). Then he lines up right edge of the cueball to the right edge of the OB. Puts his foot or big toe on that line and the pivots to the center of the cue ball , that's to his left.

This is where I find everything goes wrong because for a right handed player the right foot on the line you put your left either parallel or slightly forward and twist to the right (not left) , sitting on your left hip. This system is opposite and creates an unbalanced stance .

Comment

Don't look at his technique adopt it to your own if you want to try it out, some of these numpties explaining it could not make a 30 break on a snooker table.

No need to alter the stance visualise centre ball on the red edge to edge work out if its a half ball pivot quarter ball pivot of just normal edge to edge pivot get down and pivot from the side you want to pot to centre straight through centre ball on the last stroke.
      Its weird explaining it - you got to do it and visualise it for yourself.

Its night two of trying it out tonight for me so I see how it goes - Please don't get angry at me or anyone who tries it and likes it - I'm not saying that's right or this is right or its a that's a load of crap this is meant to be a different thread a light hearted experiment with something different and a bit of a laugh - try it yourselves - if anyone starts potting them like a demon they will probably be too scared to say anything with you guys shooting it down lol.

If it adds just a bit to your game then no harm done - if you think its crap no harm done carry one regardless no need to impose yourselves - if you love it then you love it happy days.

We could always go back to talking about who makes the best cues or who was the best player Ronnie, Hendry - or Walter Lyndrum?

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
        I did not mean what you imply about DR Dave - I think you misunderstand.

I meant some of these people that come up with various aiming systems in US are selling you a line - I thought I would try out this one and even if it adds a few shots or a bit of something to your game then nothing lost eh.
        I think there is something in this that merits a bit more research for m as I enjoyed having a laugh with it and was potting quite well.

Its something different. Have you tried it - or are you not a fan?
        Ah ok, no problem.

No, I've not tried it, it makes my head hurt. I think it's entirely bogus, stan is a bully and the handful of people that swear by it are lunatics that cannot play (with the odd exception).

That said, and ironically, there may be more merit in it for snooker players than pool players. Most snookers players don't understand that pool is not quite so easy as it seems - they see big pockets and laugh, but they do not understand the physics of the game, and how the balls react when large amounts of side are applied. Mastering deflection and throw is not so easy. Both are minimal on a snooker table, but are huge on a pool table.

So the failing of cte is the use of side. It works plain ball, or on equipment with little deflection and throw (like snooker) but not for pool tables.

Comment

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
          just watch this guy and notice how his cue never goes through straight. especially around 2.28 when he suppose to do it very slow. he is deflecting the cueball to make the pot depending on which direction the OB is going.

god almighty on the star tables I play on he would be lucky to make one pot

here is the link

https://youtu.be/m4SEJz7PujM
          Barton's chicken wing is legendary.

Not for the faint hearted.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/45041838

Comment

Nice thread Byrom,

'm not able to play now so i did ask few other players to try it at snooker table (sum of them can play this game a bit ).
            They said exactly what I expected. The problem with this aiming sys is, you've to move before delivery. Firstly, is not precise. Secondly, high probability ( chance) of errors during your cue action. I believe, that you can do that on the pool table. Those pockets on pool table are the same size as the butt of Zeus,, as a result: too much room for error.
            Yes, you can try this at snooker table ( as an experienced player and even pot few balls with this CTE system ). but you pot them because of your experience. you choose the angel with your feelings (without been conscious of it), then you get the impression: I did it with the help of CTE aiming. well, you're wrong. you did pot those balls with your feeling and experience.
            In other words, definitely the most bad idea to try an learn this CTE at snooker table imo (especially for the beginners).
            BTW , I saw a comment about J Trump. J Trump does that to compensate his body movement. has nothing to do with useing CTE. ( as vmax already mantioned ).

Comment

The CTE system, where you wiggle your cue at things in your set up, I don't think has much applicability to snooker. Perhaps it can be used as a training method to get your cue on line, but probably not helpful in a snooker match.

Pro-One however supposedly uses these concepts but the pivoting is either done in the air as you drop down or subconsciously. In the Pro-One videos, I can't even make out exactly what they are doing which is why I wonder if this could be useful for snooker. I'd get the DVD but it's $52 American, $69 after the exchange rate.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                I saw a comment about J Trump. J Trump does that to compensate his body movement. has nothing to do with useing CTE.
                No, J Trumps body movement is to compensate hes offline cue, not the other way around.

Comment

Originally Posted by Vitikka View Post
                  No, J Trumps body movement is to compensate hes offline cue, not the other way around.
                  Intresting point , could be !!
                  good post.

Comment

Originally Posted by Vitikka View Post
                    Why the hell would he do that ?
                    Think seriously before you post such nonsense.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                      Why the hell would he do that ?
                      Think seriously before you post such nonsense.
                      haha, well to be honest , i did'nt want to get in to that Vmax ,,
                      I do'nt think sumone like J Trump does Offline cueing if he does'nt want to.
                      Maybe Vitikka has other motivation for this ?? or we miss sumthing here lol ??

Comment

I seem to remember noticing in the past that his backstroke pulls the cue offline a bit, and then it's corrected by the time he hits the ball.

Comment

Originally Posted by Csmith View Post
                          I seem to remember noticing in the past that his backstroke pulls the cue offline a bit, and then it's corrected by the time he hits the ball.
                          well in that case , this explains that body movmnt.
                          I've seen a few video's of him slow motion. the way i see it , he does it to correct the line of delivery.
                          anyway, no matter which one is it,, what matters is , he does get results an it works for him .

Comment

I quite like this one, it's a bit long winded, but it's basically contact point, the bit I liked was where he says that the outside point of the cueball in a direct line with the pocket is the point the you want to hit the object ball with. I'm not sure that makes any sense, watch the video if you have 20 minutes to kill.

Comment

I think that way because i used to play just like that and it was because i didn't see the center of the ball correctly and my tip was a bit off to right.
                              Like Ramon said "I've seen a few video's of him slow motion. the way i see it , he does it to correct the line of delivery."
                              I see no reason why it's not the same thing for Trump.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                                I quite like this one, it's a bit long winded, but it's basically contact point, the bit I liked was where he says that the outside point of the cueball in a direct line with the pocket is the point the you want to hit the object ball with. I'm not sure that makes any sense, watch the video if you have 20 minutes to kill.

The system itself is flawed, and its proven geometrically. However, you still get some results (like CTE) on certain shots because the delta is in millimetres. I'm sharing this because I've used this religiously before and while i can pot amazing near cushion long pots before, its still technically flawed and can mess up your game because you are using 2 points to aim and then moving the entire body stance parallel to the line of aim to setup the shot. Too many factors to spoilt the shot.

cheers Z

Comment

Working...
                                X