Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

come on tel it aint a dig,just banter and this from the cte thread starter

Comment

One other thing. Remember the plants that look positioned the wrong way and the only way to pot them is to hit what appears to be the "wrong" side of the first object ball? Well, there is your impact throw at work. Without it, those shots would not be possible.

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
        One other thing. Remember the plants that look positioned the wrong way and the only way to pot them is to hit what appears to be the "wrong" side of the first object ball? Well, there is your impact throw at work. Without it, those shots would not be possible.
        correct, thats where helping side comes in, it offsets the friction by the two balls

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
          come on tel it aint a dig,just banter and this from the cte thread starter
          Ha, so any smart comment is 'just banter'? Well, BANTER THIS THEN!!!
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

nice one tel

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post

Give the brain a chance and it will resolve everything with the one exception of a player who changes his technique all the time.
              hallelujah....
              #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

one exception of a player who changes his technique all the time. to be fair terry changing technique if its not working aint a bad thing, after all who would change a winning game

Original Source: The Ghost Ball Myth... And A Potting Robot http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz3s8gyrvfZ
                - TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk
                Follow us: @TheSnookerForum on Twitter | TheSnookerForum on Facebook

Comment

Well if you don't try you never learn - and some people just go along with anything some people say don't they Tel?

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
                    Quite wrong there, reverse plants happen because the two object balls are touching, and stay together for a split second when contacted by the cue ball, so that the effect is that of a push stroke, with all three balls touching and moving together for a split second on contact, and when they eventually split apart the ball nearest the pocket can be potted even though the plant isn't dead set.
                    This is the reason why push strokes are banned, prolonged contact of the tip of the cue, when cue ball and object ball all touching can make any angle possible depending on when tip contact is released as the cue ball can be effectively steered by the tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                      Quite wrong there, reverse plants happen because the two object balls are touching, and stay together for a split second when contacted by the cue ball, so that the effect is that of a push stroke, with all three balls touching and moving together for a split second on contact, and when they eventually split apart the ball nearest the pocket can be potted even though the plant isn't dead set.
                      This is the reason why push strokes are banned, prolonged contact of the tip of the cue, when cue ball and object ball all touching can make any angle possible depending on when tip contact is released as the cue ball can be effectively steered by the tip.
                      No, pretty sure you are wrong on this one.
                      The balls need not to be touching to make reverse plants, being very close is enough, like 1 to 2 centimetres at most. What prolonged contact? Maybe if they are touching. But if not, it is the same contact as if the ball is being hit from large distance.

Comment

one exception of a player who changes his technique all the time. to be fair terry changing technique if its not working aint a bad thing, after all who would change a winning game

Original Source: The Ghost Ball Myth... And A Potting Robot http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz3s8gyrvfZ
                        - TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk
                        Follow us: @TheSnookerForum on Twitter | TheSnookerForum on Facebook
                        This is the reason for coaches. I presume a player gets to a point where he has a decent technique although he's not a great player but if he stays with that decent technique he will get better. Up to the coach to get him to that warm and fuzzy place or if the player can do it himself so much the better but I've found that when a player does that when he doesn't have the knowledge he starts drifting down a road that ain't too good for him and never leads to improvement.
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Quite right they don't need to be touching

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                            On the angled shots showed I would adjust my aiming point for the biggest margin of error Nic. I know pretty simple but works for me. I agree on the throw from black spot, see many players play it thick and missing on near jaw. I spent plenty of hours working out biggest margin on most shot. Nice robot by the way. Is it Ronnie the Robot lol

Sow how much is the aim frame?
                            Brilliant - I have started calling it Ronnie The Robot! Hope you don't mind!
                            Pricing revealed on Wednesday 1900hrs GMT!
                            Improving Your Game, From Every Angle: The Snooker Gym

Comment

i dont know what to say! htf does this improve anything! you either believe it or you dont, putting this contraption on the table does what exactly? it either confirms what you say or does not, then what?. the friction between two balls is hardly a ground breaking revelation what are you trying to achieve here?
                              It is one major reason players hit balls too thick.
                              PS Ronnie The Robot is not for sale - but the low priced item that helps players with eye alignment and angle recognition is on Wednesday

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                                Hi Nic.

Well surely even of the Aim Frame shows me the correct potting angle for any given shot, I still need to play a thousand of them before my brain is completely comfortable with that shot?

I mean, I'm really interested to see how this will help somebody like Alabadi. He says he really struggles with 'high blacks' off the spot. I think he said he always catches them thick. So how would the Aim Frame help here? Surely he plays a lot of snooker and could just aim fractionally thinner, and over time his brain would become comfortable with that shot? How does the Aim Frame help this process?

Also, what about playing shots with side? You still need to get the correct contact point, but now the cue ball path is a lot more complicated.

Thanks.
                                Good question.
                                In testing this, I have found it quite common to see a player have a revelation and 'aha' moment within three shots of using the Aim Frame.
                                The stabilisers can then come off, and they know the shape of the shot.
                                It is incredibly effective at helping players with high and low blacks off the spot.

Side spin is incredibly complex and is covered in another product - the Ultimate Training Ball.
                                Last edited by Nic Barrow; 22 November 2015, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X